Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

7881 - 7900 of 7951 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
New ass helmet-holster... ...I installed a low profile Saddleman seat from Ghost Rider Customs. 1 beer install. The seat bracket was tight & sat a little left until a rubber hammer fine tuning and then some miles.

I like the new seat, especially with my low drag bar set up.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
New (to me) 2015 VRSCF

Picked up a stock 2015 VRSCF with 1,200 miles on it and have been tweaking it to my liking.

Added an Akrapovic exhaust, Thrasin' pegs, high flow air filter, Dominion grips, backrest, Sena handlebar remote, and Dynojet Vision.

IMG_4292.jpg
IMG_4293.jpg
IMG_4295.jpg
IMG_4296.jpg

·
My Last Ride
1,347 Posts
Replaced kick stand bushing just in a nick of time. The bottom bushing was just breaking through. I made a set of bushings out of Silicon Aluminum Bronze so I won't be bothered by that again. That frickin' spring is hand full and then some. Just for reference my V-Rod has 14,000 miles on the odometer. You don't want to let the kick stand pin wear into the frame.

·
Asatruar
2,929 Posts
Riding in another funeral procession later this morning for a local rider.
(The 5th so far this year.)
Brought the mead for the funeral blot.. :cheers:

·
My Last Ride
1,347 Posts
My wife must be slipping me some amphetamine, aka speed in my morning regimen of pills. Yesterday I serviced the cooling system, replace the crankcase breather hoses, cleaned up the mess and I installed the chrome covers on the rear brake master cylinder. I just received a Hogworkz LED head light yesterday so I installed it today.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Condor stand and Hogworkz headlight

Condor stand and Hogworkz headlight.

5482AE7C-042D-4BAD-AB53-11513A5001CC.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
Rear wheel removal

Well, after spending a couple of evenings trying to cure my noisy front brakes, removing and cleaning pistons re aligning offset with axle pinch bolt, new pads and bleeding the brakes,it is just the same with some previous tech spacing yhe left caliper off the fork leg in an attempt to stop the caliper binding the disc. Thinking it needs a thin spacer on axle between the fork and hub to solve this issue. Then to me Joy I found a flat rear tyre with a screw in it, so had to get me head around removing rear wheel to get it repaired. Not as bad as I thought, had the workshop manual so that helped but the best thing was the draper scissor bike lift ,makes this sort of job soooo easy as you can leave all the weight of the wheel on the ground and lower or raise the bike precisely to line up axle, caliper and spacers etc.every bike owner should get one for 95 quid ish. . Quite satisfying ?

·
Shelby Stanga Rocks
8,199 Posts
Well it was finished yesterday but I installed 2 new injectors. I am also looking at some winter work. Rebuild front forks looking for ideas on improvements. Ohlins rear shocks new tires Those are picked out, and new swing arm bearings or service them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I replaced my kickstand bushings (I just can't call it a jiffy stand), and I installed B risers and drag bars on my 03. I'm 6'5" so the reach is far more comfortable now, but I got 32" bars and now wish I had gone a bit narrower. At least now it's just a matter of changing bars, so I'll ride a while and decide how much narrower I want to go.

·
My Last Ride
1,347 Posts
Condor stand and Hogworkz headlight.

View attachment 534383
Hello,

I just installed a Hogworkz headlight on my 2004 VRSCB and it bottoms out in the yoke at exactly the right position for the desired headlight trajectory. However, that prohibits using the headlight visor so at night the headlight illuminates the Quick Detach windshield. I would like to hear about your experience.

Ron

·
Registered
75 Posts
Hello,

I just installed a Hogworkz headlight on my 2004 VRSCB and it bottoms out in the yoke at exactly the right position for the desired headlight trajectory. However, that prohibits using the headlight visor so at night the headlight illuminates the Quick Detach windshield. I would like to hear about your experience.
Ron - i have a 2015 and it bolted right in with no issues and works great. I parked the bike on a stand, marked on the wall where the old light shinned, put the new one in, and adjusted it to the same location. No issues at all.

·
My Last Ride
1,347 Posts
Ron - i have a 2015 and it bolted right in with no issues and works great. I parked the bike on a stand, marked on the wall where the old light shinned, put the new one in, and adjusted it to the same location. No issues at all.
Last evening I removed the headlight and took it to belt sander. The cooling fins were hitting the mounting yoke. Now I can adjust the headlight beam to a more favorable position. However, it still illuminated the windshield and that is extremely annoying in the dark. I spent over three hours installing the headlight with the visor but it's done.

Ron

7881 - 7900 of 7951 Posts