Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

2181 - 2184 of 2184 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I finally have something to add to this thread.

Saturday, I installed my upgraded front forks from Traxxion Dynamics, I wish I could have went with the Cadillac upgrade, but being stuck to a budget, I went one step down to the Axxion Valve upgrade.

Installed the forks. Installed Budman Riser, installed an Oberon Clutch Slave, Flushed Clutch and Brake fluids. Changed oil and filter with Amsoil.

I also bought a DX Visor to to with the Budman riser, but for some reason the holes on the DX Visor does not match up exactly with the bolt holes on the upper fork clamp, where the original bracket holes are. It looks to be just enough off to not be able to bolt it on, about an 8th of an inch too wide on the DX visor. Trying to figure out how to make this work.

I also bought a pair of Bitubo WMEo shocks to replace the rear shocks. Traxxion told me they would install on my bike, but it doesn’t look like they will. Looks like I need some spacers.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
I finally have something to add to this thread.

Saturday, I installed my upgraded front forks from Traxxion Dynamics, I wish I could have went with the Cadillac upgrade, but being stuck to a budget, I went one step down to the Axxion Valve upgrade.

Installed the forks. Installed Budman Riser, installed an Oberon Clutch Slave, Flushed Clutch and Brake fluids. Changed oil and filter with Amsoil.

I also bought a DX Visor to to with the Budman riser, but for some reason the holes on the DX Visor does not match up exactly with the bolt holes on the upper fork clamp, where the original bracket holes are. It looks to be just enough off to not be able to bolt it on, about an 8th of an inch too wide on the DX visor. Trying to figure out how to make this work.

I also bought a pair of Bitubo WMEo shocks to replace the rear shocks. Traxxion told me they would install on my bike, but it doesn’t look like they will. Looks like I need some spacers.
Bitubo will fit but yes you need spacers due the the larger dia springs. Longer bolts (socket head) can be had from Fastenal. Stock bolts are a 10.9 grade and no listing for them in that style so likely 12.9 is your choice. 8.8 are too soft. I use the longer 12.9 bolts for my 444 shocks , seeing that the stockers were a bit marginal in lenght. Traxxion is one of the best but damn they are expensive for that dual cartridge set up.
Ron

·
Registered
80 Posts
Bitubo will fit but yes you need spacers due the the larger dia springs. Longer bolts (socket head) can be had from Fastenal. Stock bolts are a 10.9 grade and no listing for them in that style so likely 12.9 is your choice. 8.8 are too soft. I use the longer 12.9 bolts for my 444 shocks , seeing that the stockers were a bit marginal in lenght. Traxxion is one of the best but damn they are expensive for that dual cartridge set up.
Ron
Thanks Ron for the reply. It's good to hear they will fit. You wouldn't happen to have a link to the spacers and bolt you used would you?
Mark.

2181 - 2184 of 2184 Posts