Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

2141 - 2160 of 2177 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have always loved the look of the night rod special. So I thought I would turn my 2011 chrome yellow bike into one. Started out over a year ago sourcing all new/used tins. I got lucky as a local forum member had a used airbox cover, both radiator covers, and one side cover. So I searched and found the remaining parts on CL or Ebay. Took about a month of sanding, priming, and more sanding then another month of painting flat black then again with a matte clear. I then cut some custom 3M vinyl for stripes. At the same time I put a Hanny riser on and dropped the front end a bit for a more comfy ride.. I must say it's been an enjoyable project! Now cant wait to get out and ride my new bike.

Attachments

·
Captain DeadPool
648 Posts
I did a thing. I traded my chrome yellow 12F for a candy orange 13F. Me and a friend spent a day pulling parts off of the 12F and will be spending a day putting them on the 13F. It’s being shipped from California so hopefully it will be here Friday. Parts going back on include HD saddle bags, Budman riser, HD windshield, 26T front pulley, Fehling engine guard, custom seat, and I’m probably forgetting something else. The 13F comes with the luggage rack installed, so I’m looking forward to that, but one of the best features is getting back on a Vrod with ABS. But the biggest reason I’m going to the 13F is because that was my MOS while I was in the Army.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
-MIG
47 Posts
I did a thing. I traded my chrome yellow 12F for a candy orange 13F. Me and a friend spent a day pulling parts off of the 12F and will be spending a day putting them on the 13F. It’s being shipped from California so hopefully it will be here Friday. Parts going back on include HD saddle bags, Budman riser, HD windshield, 26T front pulley, Fehling engine guard, custom seat, and I’m probably forgetting something else. The 13F comes with the luggage rack installed, so I’m looking forward to that, but one of the best features is getting back on a Vrod with ABS. But the biggest reason I’m going to the 13F is because that was my MOS while I was in the Army.

That's AWESOME!! Be sure to post a photo when your new girl is all put together...
-MIG

·
Captain DeadPool
648 Posts
Here is the most recent picture of Foxy, and she just got a new set of pigtails in the mail today.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hey BadDog.
Dude those bars look waaaay more comfortable. How u liking them ?

The windshield: is that stock height? I’m considering getting the rifle longer(+4”) Cause the stock gives me a headache with the buffeting

·
Captain DeadPool
648 Posts
Yeah the windshield is stock. As far as the new bars, they look awesome, and feel comfortable sitting on the bike. But I’m waiting on my throttle cables to come in. Hopefully I’ll have it finished by the end of this coming week.

·
Captain DeadPool
648 Posts
Finished my 16” apes install, and installed the Bicep Radiator armor too. On the handlebars, I ordered the throttle cables from Barnett, had the hydraulic lines build for $60 locally, and I cut/spliced/lengthened, and pulled the wiring harness my self with a little help from a friend.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Installed Budman risers wow what a difference , flushed brake and clutch fluids, oil and filter change , Installed LED head light , Mozzoma grips , K&N air filter , deleted back rest and rear pegs , Jury's still out on the Danmoto exhaust system . Rerouted the cable on my Dynojet power vision went for a 50 miles ride and the guages stayed on so figures crossed .
I think the only other thing I'm going to do Is install a set of adjustable levers , If anybody has a set they want to sell let me know .

·
Registered
69 Posts
Added a Akrapovic 2-N-1

First change to a 2015 I just picked up with 1,200 miles on it.

Akrapovic.jpg

·
Registered
25 Posts
Bad dog please post pics, I'm seriously considering something similar, and our bikes are even the same color, it would be like seeing my own bike with the bars on it. I went to the Lone Star Bike Rally in Galveston Texas this weekend hoping to get some good ideas of cool mods to do for my bike but out of 2 to 400,000 motorcycles I only saw three muscles and four or five other types of V rods and none that were candy Orange and none that had anything custom done to them I was kind of disappointed but at the same time happy to know that our bikes are not a dime a dozen, everybody is got a Harley these days, but very few own a muscle.
I would greatly appreciate it if you are able to post some good pictures after all finished thank you in advance.
¿I'm curious what it is costing you for the parts between the bars and the extended cables?

Yeah the windshield is stock. As far as the new bars, they look awesome, and feel comfortable sitting on the bike. But I’m waiting on my throttle cables to come in. Hopefully I’ll have it finished by the end of this coming week.
any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Working on making this Toce slip on fit my Bassami headers . Im still working on the heat shields and whether I should add another one underneath . heres a few unfinished pics Ill add more when Its finished .
I'd like to get your guys opinions .

Attachments

·
Captain DeadPool
648 Posts
There are a couple pics up there. Let me know if you want to see something particular. I will say that I wouldn’t have been mad if I had went with 14” vs the 16” that I went with. I want to say that I have about $600 all together in going to the apes.

Bad dog please post pics, I'm seriously considering something similar, and our bikes are even the same color, it would be like seeing my own bike with the bars on it. I went to the Lone Star Bike Rally in Galveston Texas this weekend hoping to get some good ideas of cool mods to do for my bike but out of 2 to 400,000 motorcycles I only saw three muscles and four or five other types of V rods and none that were candy Orange and none that had anything custom done to them I was kind of disappointed but at the same time happy to know that our bikes are not a dime a dozen, everybody is got a Harley these days, but very few own a muscle.
I would greatly appreciate it if you are able to post some good pictures after all finished thank you in advance.
¿I'm curious what it is costing you for the parts between the bars and the extended cables?

·
Registered
25 Posts
thank you BadDog, I'm seriously considering apes, it's a big Mod, kind of changes the whole bike, IMHO, I think yours looks great.
I would really like to see a shot of the actual riding position from the side, with someone on the bike as if riding, if you come across something like that, that would be Awesome.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Working on making this Toce slip on fit my Bassami headers . Im still working on the heat shields and whether I should add another one underneath . heres a few unfinished pics Ill add more when Its finished .
I'd like to get your guys opinions .
those are pretty mean looking
I'd love to see the end result. I think something like that would cool on the dual exhaust set up aswell, I bet they sound good

2141 - 2160 of 2177 Posts