Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Get a Grip!
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using S100 stuff for years and have yet to find anything better. Still seems to work well on the aluminum, you guys found anything better?

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
Funny you ask! I just got in from washing my bike. Got caught in a nasty rain storm and there is nothing worse than road sludge. I like the S100 stuff as well! That is what I used tonight.I use it whenever I want to wash my bike fast. Whenever I wash my bike with the S100, I dry my bike with the Absorber. Whenever I wash my bike with Meguires wash and sponge, I dry my bike with a blower. I have noticed that the S100 does not aways get all of the dirt residue completly off, so my wet absorbing towel will remove it and shine the chrome. 1 can of the S100 gets me about 3 bike washes. I am not sure if that is good, but I spray that stuff in all of my bikes crevices

·
Premium Member
2,930 Posts
I normally use regular car wash liquid and dry with the leaf blower.

·
just a ghost now
2,719 Posts
Same here, above. Bought an electric Weedeater blower for $30 at Wally World, works superb for drying, blowing water out of crevices, followed with a soft towel. Way cheaper than a so called "bike dryer" and works great. I have a gas blower for the yard, but didn't want a 2 stroke oil/exhaust bath. For $30, you cannot beat it.

·
Registered
503 Posts
s 100 for the whole bike... maybe a little mag wheel cleaner if the wheels are really dirty... some compressed air or a week blower (hey ploizzio,,, stop shopping at walmart or we'll all be working there someday!!!)... I use nothing but and ultra clean chamois or a micro fiber cloth to dry.. but I have Ozzy skins and they're delicate.

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Palmolive, Dawn, whatever once I noted no diff with the car cleaners and the HD stuff. Gets it squeaky clean each time. Then the chamois. Running out of T-shirts for Mothers applicattion.

·
just a ghost now
2,719 Posts
"Running out of T-shirts for Mothers applications." Isn't that the truth, but it could be worse, you could own a B model with more polished aluminum, instead of chrome.

·
speeding safely
499 Posts
Liquid mequires car wash soap, a sponge, and a terry cloth towel to dry. Seems to work just fine.

Although half the time I just rub the dust off the ano. alum. with a towel, or my hand. Never would do *that* on a painted surface.

Or, sometimes I use Mequire's quick detail spray and a towel.

The ano. surfaces are so easy to keep clean. I just love'm.

At times I'll wax just about any surface with carnuba, including the lexan windshield..

·
Registered
150 Posts
After riding in the rain, or to get the grit off, I use car wash and soft cloth. blow dry afterwards then polish with mother's billet and carnuba. For the quick wash I use Honda cleaner. (Gasp) safe on all surfaces, cleans and waxes costs less than s100 too.

·
Diesel Smoke Tester
862 Posts
3,000 miles of "dry" cleaning

Maybe I'm just lazy; but....my V-Rod is 6mos old now, with 3,000 miles on it......and....I've never washed it yet!! I wipe it down almost every day with a very soft towel, windex, and/or detail spray (Wizard's Mist & Shine). I wipe down the wheel about twice a month. The bike always looks good; but I'm sure that the nice weather and low exposure to moisture and/or salt air, etc. makes it a bit easier for me than many of you in other parts of the country. I do use McGuires wash with water on my Heritage though; more of a dirt and grease attracting bike(?) good luck. redrazor

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
polizzio said:
"Running out of T-shirts for Mothers applications." Isn't that the truth, but it could be worse, you could own a B model with more polished aluminum, instead of chrome.
Why would they do that? If it was chrome to begin with. How come :confused: ? It looks much better chrome, any disagree? AND they cost the same :bash: .

Has anyone tried dishwashing soap? For real. I'm lazy too but it works great. I see no much diff from using the HD stuff or the s100. Maybe less of a "degreasing" action.

·
Tired of the crap
2,819 Posts
Hey, you guys who use "Windex" - make sure that any glass cleaner you use on your bike does NOT contain any ammonia, especially if you have a windshield. Windex is notorious for clouding Lexan, and I'm not sure it does great things for aluminum. There are non-ammonia based automotive glass cleaners - make sure you use these for brightening things up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts