Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
i was reading an article about cam design for blown turbo and normally aspirated and they were talking for blown motors running a little bigger exhaust cam than you would run normally aspirated but i wouldn`t take my word for that,, what i would do is talk directly with the cam manufacturer you are going to use and get their opinion..

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well what i was told if i remember correctly was to get something with more lift and less duration.. But again, how much more lift and how much less of duration....

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
well what i was told if i remember correctly was to get something with more lift and less duration.. But again, how much more lift and how much less of duration....
there is a forum member here called HORSEPOWER that has made serious hp with a blown motor, pm him or talk to your cam manufacturer.. like i posted if i was building a supercharged motor i would talk to the cam grinder about what i needed.. in my case i would call megacycle but there are many good cam grinders out there..

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will have to give them a call.. I know Horsepower deals with the rotrex unit, im planing on maybe running the sprintex setup.. I really like the rotrex setup i just hate the way they look along with the trask kit..

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
Everything I have read and talked about all came back to the stock cams are the best.

I even put the 1250 intake cams in 1130 for the turbo...cheap way to go for turbo cams I guess.

440/410 set is good to if you have and extra 500.00 or less if you can find them.

The 1250 intake cams are retard by 6 degrees more over the 1130's

Suck I never got it tuned in all the way.

Good Luck
rod

1 - 6 of 6 Posts