Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a licks solo bag from my xl1200r, but it doesn't fit right on this bike. I run an 06 Night Rod. Got any good ideas/ Need something large enough for a jackey, googles and a small bottle of whatever.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have a licks solo bag from my xl1200r, but it doesn't fit right on this bike. I run an 06 Night Rod. Got any good ideas/ Need something large enough for a jackey, googles and a small bottle of whatever.
I seen at my local stealership they had some universal fit soft nylon double saddle bags for that back that wasn't horrible looking. But they were around 300-400 dollars, I can't remember exactly how much. I plan on buying a set before bike week next year, but they also make the HD bags for the V-Rods and they are outrageous like $800 for the set.

·
Registered
90 Posts
a picture says 1,000 words.
I hope this helps - there are Harley Nylon bags

·
aka shudude
3,174 Posts
Corbin's look the best (IMHO), but their pricey

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think the HD bags look about the best on...but when you take them off the hardware looks like crap. And I ride more without.

The Harley XR1200 tail bag looks good but it's no longer made and I couldn't find one used.

I wound up getting a Saddlemen TS1450R tunnel bag. Do a search and you can find several pics and lots of info. I'm happy with it.

Just my 2cents.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Corbin's look the best (IMHO), but their pricey
Have to agree totally with you. Its one reason I have an order in right now after not finding any for a while.

·
VRSCD
1,012 Posts
I run the Saddleman from Vmod. However they do not fit with stock exhaust.

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nothing like a licks side bag maefor our bikes? Something small, mounts on the stand side and is nostly out of the way?

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
a picture says 1,000 words.
I hope this helps - there are Harley Nylon bags

Actually this picture only sez 2 words "Horrible and Terrible", You give each bag one of those names. I find it Odd that people with enough foresight to appreciate some of the VRSC line up have no problem ruining the entire flow of the same bike with these Anchors tied off to them.

·
Jarhead
598 Posts
Ogio no drag Backpack.

·
Bladerunner
1,948 Posts
Actually this picture only sez 2 words "Horrible and Terrible", You give each bag one of those names. I find it Odd that people with enough foresight to appreciate some of the VRSC line up have no problem ruining the entire flow of the same bike with these Anchors tied off to them.
Function over form I guess. I stap on a completely hideous luggage rack and T-Bag on long trips but that's MAYBE once a year...

I'll tell you what though, the day Harley makes a touring bike with tolerable looks and a Revolution motor, is the day I buy a second Harley...

(ok I might buy a Sportster for the woman first)

·
Registered
655 Posts
I put 1000 miles on my bike a month easy,my shits got to go somewhere.I admit bags look terrible but with out them I would never get to ride

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wow - a lot of bag haters, huh!
Here's a shot with them removed

Those look good, if ya don't mind me askin, how much were they?
I believe the bags were about $399 plus the mount which was another $299 or so...

1 - 20 of 69 Posts