Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

So, thanks in large part to your recommendations, I've now got a Corbin hollywood solo "closer" seat on my VRSCR and it's definitely made a difference. I no longer feel like I'm sitting on a concrete breeze block. :)

I still, however, have to hunch over too far comfort to reach the bars, particularly when going steeply downhill for any length of time (as is frequently the case in mountain riding). You'd also think these little sport bars would give you better feedback in the twisties, but they're not doing that for me either. Maybe it's just me, but I like a little more obvious "fulcrum effect" when I'm pushing on that opposing bar in a high speed turn. It gives me more confidence in the turns when I can get small increments of lean with fairly coarse control inputs.

So, knowing my "tastes" as described above, what would folks recommend? I have baby ape hangers on my FXDX and they're actually really nice, but that's configured as more of a "performance cruiser" with lots of freeway miles in mind and I don't think those would be suitable for a bike I intend to push around just a bit more aggressively.

Thanks (for everyone's help and extremely useful advice so far)!

- Jordan

·
Registered
435 Posts
I am having the same issues. I have been looking at bars from Flanders. I enjoy riding in your part of the woods, nice twisties.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
I prefer titty bars :D

sorry I just had to say it, I've never used any other bars so I didn't have a answer other than that one.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I put Sporty bars on mine. I posted the part number somewhere on the forum. They are almost identical to the black Nightster bars.
I love the configuration. It is very comfortable on long and short rides and I can still scrape the pegs in the corners.

·
The Engineer
316 Posts
Are there any better bars that don't require brake line replacement?

·
Registered Abuser
2,894 Posts
lakedrunk said:
I prefer titty bars :D

sorry I just had to say it, I've never used any other bars so I didn't have a answer other than that one.

:them:

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
XL 1200R bars. Needed a brake line. Check my gallery for a picture. Joe

·
Guitar, not Gator
8,049 Posts
Strokerswild said:
Are there any better bars that don't require brake line replacement?
No. They cut the front line too close to change it to anything else that I know of. There is enough clutch line though.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
:moped: Yeah, they are spectacular. Just getting ready to buy another set for the next bike. No cable changes, cluster from and R fit just fine. I can see the speedo while riding now. I just figured everybody was getting tired of me always going "Hey, I like Rizoma's bars.' They are billet aluminum and well built.
Cheating has polished on his bike, I have black ano on mine. I am going to ano the trees next.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I chose the v-rod "reach" bars...since then I have taken two 700 mile/day trips and found the position just right. I am 5'11". I am also running an engine guard, which allows putting your feet on the bars.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
"reach" bar?

This V-Rod reach bar sounds interesting - do you happen to have a model number or some other info on it? I'm not finding anything on google... Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's actually called the reduced reach bar & it worked out perfectly for me. Need to change the brake cabke & put the electrical wires inside the bars though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts