Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know STAGE ONE is air and pipes.

What is a list of STAGES and who made them up?

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
Larva, pupa and adult

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
Some stupid word that someone came up with and all of Lux's little sheeple took a liking to.

Here's a Stage 4 TH400.This is the bad one,Stage 4,a step above Stage 3!
I had a stage zero TH400 in my 73 454 corvette after I put headers on it and they melted a section of transmission coolant hose.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I had a stage zero TH400 in my 73 454 corvette after I put headers on it and they melted a section of transmission coolant hose.

All I ever get from people are the stage 0 transmissions.
I don't know why,but Stage sells,people love this stage shit.If this is what they want to hear,then that's what I'll tell them.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Stages of an engine: stock... modified... boat anchor :D

It's just more or less a sales gimmick. Nothing more.

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Too bad there aren't 12 stages (STEPS). Gonna open a bar named "The 13th Step" That way when ya fall down ya got somewhere to go! :D

·
Hi... I'm Big Will
1,087 Posts
The stages my engine have been in is apart, together and running, and together and broken.

I think this is just carry over from the air cooled bikes and way for harley to sell subpar motor upgrades to people

·
Registered
186 Posts
Stage 1: You mean I can make it go even faster?
Stage 2: IT'LL COST ME WHAT?!!
Stage 3: You [email protected]
Stage 4: OK, I'll take it.
Stage 5: What else can I do to it?
Go to to Stage 1.

Oh, wait, that's the owner stages, not the engine.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
stages

you guys really crack me up..... I don't care who you are, this is some funny s**t.... you should go on the Comedy circuits............

:rofl: :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
The Young One...
2,585 Posts
Some stupid word that someone came up with and all of Lux's little sheeple took a liking to.

Here's a Stage 4 TH400.This is the bad one,Stage 4,a step above Stage 3!
stage 4 and still has the vacuum modulator hangin off the side?? One of my turbo 400's has a solenoid hanging right there. wonder what stage that would be considered :hidesbeh:

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
stage 4 and still has the vacuum modulator hangin off the side?? One of my turbo 400's has a solenoid hanging right there. wonder what stage that would be considered :hidesbeh:
The solenoid you use is for a Trans brake.I use Hipsters.be careful with the torque converter you choose w a Trans Brake.One without ballon gussets will blow up like a bomb.Never put one in neutral and coast through the traps,same thing,it will blow up like a bomb!
I usually have some little plugs to take place of the diaphragm and to keep the modulator valve kept in the high line pressure position.The modulator diaphragm is spring loaded and keeps the valve pushed in for high pressure.No vacuum is used.That particular transmission is a manual shift forward pattern.It's real easy to make a transmission like the 400,the 350 and the 700 into a forward manual pattern.Manual shift automatics are modified in the governor for this,not the valve body.All you have to do is weld the governor weights so the governor valve is fixed to the inboard position.Grind a slot in the 1-2 shift valve so it holds low at any rpm,and wala,it's a manual shift transmission.
I don't buy shift kits in a box,I make them myself and stuff the profit in my pocket,instead of someone elses.pump boost valves and springs I have to buy separately.I use Sonnax parts for this.
I can't build a reverse pattern trans brake valve body cheaper than I can buy one from Hipsters.Hipsters uses the intermediate clutch instead of forward for the brake,and has the quickest release time on the market.This makes for a good 60ft time.

·
brett
9,338 Posts
stage 1!!!! ,before u join this forum ( because u thought ur bike was as good as it needs to be )

stage 2!!!!!! ,is after u joined this forum ( wow listen to all these things that i can do to make my bike look and go a little better)

stage 3!!!! is spending too long on this forum ( i know a bit about how my bike now and look at all my new forum buddies bikes ,we could do that to my bike as well)

stage 4 !!!!! is beyond help because of this forum ( cos everyone is more than happy to help out with ideas and knowledge and mongrels like scotty can hook u up with what ever u need at a moments notice

stage 5 !!!!! is when u know ur in trouble cos ur wife is lying in bed in new lingerie putting her ankles behind her ears, slapping her ass ,and all u can do is say is hang on ive just got to pm some guys about some stuff or i will miss out on a deal of a lifetime and i will be right with you , she finally peels u away you do the deed and get back up and go back on the forum cos its still early ,

im pretty sure i dont want to go to stage 6 ,cos my wife got very cranky at stage 5 and warned ,me in no uncertain terms , not to do it ,lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts