Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went down the Harley shop the other day to pick up a set of crash bars for my VRSCA - when I went to install them, there was a paragraph in the destructions pages that said; "look at the service manual for instructions to remove the radiator shroud".

What the hell is this, I have to spend $50-70 for a manual because Harley is too cheap to include an extra page to install their optional parts, or is this just another scam to get us to buy another product!

I'm taking the crappy things back. Half the Genuine Harley Parts I buy had a "made in Taiwan" sticker on the package.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,721 Posts
If they made them in the US then it would piss you off that they cost to much.

Hell Harley have been assembled in the us not made for ages

frame steel from BHP Australia Cast wheels also from Australia

Soft talis bought from the Canadian who invented it.
 

·
Gone
Joined
·
545 Posts
aschem said:
Pisses me off that HD stopped making the majority of parts in the USA
I can't respond to this (in agreement) without breaking the forum rules by getting political......:hiding:
 

·
Open up and say AHH!
Joined
·
343 Posts
Shed said:
If they made them in the US then it would piss you off that they cost to much.

Hell Harley have been assembled in the us not made for ages

frame steel from BHP Australia Cast wheels also from Australia

Soft talis bought from the Canadian who invented it.
:confused: Huh??
 

·
Premium Member
Pan American Son of VROD :-)
Joined
·
1,093 Posts
It's pretty hard to dress ANY motorcycle in US made parts.
 

·
aka shudude
Joined
·
3,174 Posts
Nate552 said:
Don't sweat it, the manual will pay for itself and is worth every penny!
:them:

If you ever drop your bike, you'll wish you had those "ugly" crash bars....







Dont ask how I know this
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
14,891 Posts
Nate552 said:
Don't sweat it, the manual will pay for itself and is worth every penny!

you're right Harley does some ignorant shit, but everyone should have a manual anyway - in fact for the money they should give the damn thing to ya.

But hey it's an investment - just sold a 1973 Sportster manual (beat to death) and it's paying for my next mod!!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
14,891 Posts
Shed said:
If they made them in the US then it would piss you off that they cost to much.

Hell Harley have been assembled in the us not made for ages

frame steel from BHP Australia Cast wheels also from Australia

Soft talis bought from the Canadian who invented it.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
RotoryMike said:
I went down the Harley shop the other day to pick up a set of crash bars for my VRSCA - when I went to install them, there was a paragraph in the destructions pages that said; "look at the service manual for instructions to remove the radiator shroud".

What the hell is this, I have to spend $50-70 for a manual because Harley is too cheap to include an extra page to install their optional parts, or is this just another scam to get us to buy another product!

I'm taking the crappy things back. Half the Genuine Harley Parts I buy had a "made in Taiwan" sticker on the package.
Your owners manual also gives the instructions on how to remove the radiator shrouds as this needs to be done to check the rear brake fluid reservoir - the guards are a good fit and finish and make it simple to fit highway pegs.
 

·
Paintless Rider
Joined
·
1,326 Posts
Shed said:
If they made them in the US then it would piss you off that they cost to much.

Hell Harley have been assembled in the us not made for ages

frame steel from BHP Australia Cast wheels also from Australia

Soft talis bought from the Canadian who invented it.

Then why do they cost so much?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,107 Posts
Nate552 said:
Don't sweat it, the manual will pay for itself and is worth every penny!
Yeah, actually, the manual will save you money and Harley won't get it! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wait - I must be missing something here, the radiator needs to be serviced and I have to buy a shop manual to do so?

Somebody is getting screwed here and it's not Harley what the hell did we pay almost 20K for? Put that crap in in the owners manual - don't screw us on every single item.

What the hell, I already paid almost 10 grand more than I should have already to buy an American bike that's partly made somewhere else.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,869 Posts
RotoryMike said:
Wait - I must be missing something here, the radiator needs to be serviced and I have to buy a shop manual to do so?

Somebody is getting screwed here and it's not Harley what the hell did we pay almost 20K for? Put that crap in in the owners manual - don't screw us on every single item.

What the hell, I already paid almost 10 grand more than I should have already to buy an American bike that's partly made somewhere else.
I have never seen 'how-to' service information in any owners' manual for any vehicle I have ever owned. For ever car or bike I have ever owned, I've also bought a service manual - either from the manufacturer or aftermarket (Chilton, Clymer).
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top