Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all this is my first post here, and I'm happy to have joined this group. I have ridden Ducati's, Aprilia's and Mv Agusta's for the last 12 years and just made the switch to the Muscle. What an awesome bike in every way. I just added the V&H slip ons, K&N and open lid with a Power Commander V all supplied by Jamie at FuelMoto. Wow did it ever wake the bike up. Great job on the programming by FuelMoto it is dead on. I swear to god this thing now pulls little wheelies when I hit it hard off the bottom. The Vance and Hines are very loud even compared to all of my Italian bikes but the sound is bad ass and the looks are also.

I know this thread is useless without pictures and I will put some on soon.

Thanks!

·
Throttle Happy!
797 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ive got the exact setup (even bought from Jamie) and Im as pleased as you. I bought the inserts that quiet it down a few decibels but Im not sure if I want to put them in just yet. It is a little loud on longer trips.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where did you get the baffle to quiet it down. That probably would be nice on a long ride. I told my wife she'd probably need ear plugs and she wasn't very happy about that.

·
Registered
569 Posts
No baffles needed for me I even live in a quiet neighborhood the trick when coming home late at night is to ease up on the throttle! Maybe my neighbors like me as I have had the mods for over a year now and not one complaint. Of course outside the neighborhood might me a different story, lol...

·
2009 VRSCF
12 Posts
I just had f'er upgraded with the Vance & Hines slip ons, SE tuner and SE filter. What a difference. My stealership had the perfect map as they have done a few of these already with dyno. The sound is great and even better low throttle response. Debating about going topless. If not I'll go to a stage 2 setup. Next up will be beautification mods. I'll post a before and after video of the exhaust soon.

·
Registered
569 Posts
I just had f'er upgraded with the Vance & Hines slip ons, SE tuner and SE filter. What a difference. My stealership had the perfect map as they have done a few of these already with dyno. The sound is great and even better low throttle response. Debating about going topless. If not I'll go to a stage 2 setup. Next up will be beautification mods. I'll post a before and after video of the exhaust soon.
Definitely go topless especially if you go stage 2 it needs to breath!

·
Throttle Happy!
797 Posts
More local VRSCF's, good to see!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts