Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered USDA
4,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the bike to a job meeting today. Made sure I had the battery charged last night. Started it today (while on the charger), get lost going to meeting, stop at Wawa for directions, go to start bike and battery is dead. Push start the bike on a pretty flat surface (6-8 tries) get to job site (note street sign was missing where I had to turn.

Get a jump start when I leave, look down .9 gallons of gas.....Hmmm. Can't get gas cause there are no stations and bike won't start, take it easy on the throttle riding, 4 miles from home and @ .7gallons showing it dies. Only enough pulloff for a bike, 50 yards away 5 turkey buzzards are feasting on dead dear, sister in law brings gas and jumper cables.

In the end it was still better than being in my SUV.

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
When life gives you lemons.......:D
:moped:

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Took the bike to a job meeting today. Made sure I had the battery charged last night. Started it today (while on the charger), get lost going to meeting, stop at Wawa for directions, go to start bike and battery is dead. Push start the bike on a pretty flat surface (6-8 tries) get to job site (note street sign was missing where I had to turn.

Get a jump start when I leave, look down .9 gallons of gas.....Hmmm. Can't get gas cause there are no stations and bike won't start, take it easy on the throttle riding, 4 miles from home and @ .7gallons showing it dies. Only enough pulloff for a bike, 50 yards away 5 turkey buzzards are feasting on dead dear, sister in law brings gas and jumper cables.

In the end it was still better than being in my SUV.
Some of the best times came from minor breakdowns. A handful of us working it out, laughing at the poor bastard, then making it run, gettin' a cold one and heading back south.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts