Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been bothering me for a couple days. I was at a dealership a couple of days ago to get some parts.I went up to the parts counter asked for the parts I wanted for my DX.The two parts guys snickerd and said V-Rod thats not even a Real Harley.To me that is not very good customer service.I am a third generation biker.My Grandfather rode Indians & my Mom and Dad both have Harleys.I have 06 Dyna as well.I think my next bike will be a Ducati or a Triumph.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Did you take your complaint to their management? IMO, you should. You might be surprised by their reaction. Also, you could let us know which dealership it is. We could flood those specific imbeciles with phone calls asking questions about V-Rod parts.

Phatass

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
that would be some funny shit.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Fa**ots

Man I have seen VRod haters within the Harley community everywhere I go. Sometimes I go riding w/ my streetbike buddies and get funny looks everytime. But evertime I go somewhere with my DX, my bikes the one everyonew is staring at! haha Oh well I just laugh and then if they are on the street I smoke their as*! Most likely those guys cracking on you saying that V-rods aren't even Harley's probably live at home with their parents and ride sportsters or don't even own a bike.. (sorry sportster riders) LOL

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
Tell them never mind then you'll buy your shit online instead of dealing with their dumb asses.

I think they don't like V-Rods much because there's very little money to be made after the bike purchase unlike the thousands yet to be reaped from a new airhead buyer.

·
Registered
821 Posts
You have to give us the name of that dealership so we call/email them with all kinds of V-Rod questions.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I agree I'm lucky enough to not have that happen but also have 4 dealers with-in 45 min ride . I would write to the General manager of the Dealer and let them know why not only you will not be back but also any of your V-rod brothers in the area once the word gets out .

Right now with Harley pulling dealer support left and right any dealer should be grateful with what ever they can pull in.

·
Registered
113 Posts
You know what...post their information...then we should all call the dealership on the SAME day...at the same hour...and flood them with stuff about the VROD...but it has to be organized

let us know the information

luckily, Sacramento Harley (in California) has nothing negative to say about any of the bikes...they like the V Rod....and they're all super cool

·
MSF Ridercoach
276 Posts
I havent received the shit that alot of people seem to at all. The groups I ride with and everyone I meet all seem to like the bike and know everyone has their own taste.

And alot of them learned to ride from me so they not gonna knock the teacher too much lol.

·
Flat Broke
277 Posts
The common thing I have received is that the Vrod is fast. That is all they know about it. I have had 2 dealers tell me there is no Stage 1 Download for the Vrod past 02 and have had two others quote me a price. One of the dealers was pretty up front though and said they didn't know much about the Vrods. He said the people who own them tend to know more about there bikes than the air-headers know about theirs. He was also one of the people who said there is no download.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i haven't experinced that sort of small minded crap here. My local dealer knows me by name and they treat me well and enjoy the thousands of $ I have spent with them and will continue to spend with them. The day I get that sort of shit would be the last day I'd darken their door!!!

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
Hey guys,
Don't fault the dealer because of a couple of num-nuts behind the parts counter. There is a reason they are selling parts for a living. Takes little brains to do that job.

A talk with the dealer management is in order to let them know of the disrespect being given to its customers. Chances are they do this to more than just V-Rod owners.

·
LEX MALLA LEX NULLA
1,072 Posts
Clearly, anyone who would say that while they’re fetching V-Rod parts for you at a Harley Davidson Dealership is just trying to bust your chops. Don’t give them the satisfaction – these sort of mindless comments aren’t even worth the hot air it took to say it. Tell them they’re right – it isn’t a Harley - since it was designed by Willie G it’s a Davidson!

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,127 Posts
Clearly, anyone who would say that while they’re fetching V-Rod parts for you at a Harley Davidson Dealership is just trying to bust your chops. Don’t give them the satisfaction – these sort of mindless comments aren’t even worth the hot air it took to say it. Tell them they’re right – it isn’t a Harley - since it was designed by Willie G it’s a Davidson!
I like this one!

·
MSF Ridercoach
276 Posts

Awesome... like that line....

·
boredom kills
2,310 Posts
so did they get you your part?

·
Nate
17 Posts
I haven't had any problem with my dealership but I have had some dumb comments by others. I had gotten off work and was outside getting ready to leave and one of the mechanics says "That ain't no Harley". I said "Well it says it right there! Where's your bike?" Classic return comment," I dont need to buy one, I can go ride my brothers whenever I want.". I guess there's nothing like being able to ride someone else's bike! Lol!!

·
ISU
1,446 Posts
wow what shit, but dealers that are close to me not only like the v-rod but they like to talk to me about the v-rod. when i first pulled up with my Boss Noss bottle on the side of my bike, they all smiled and asked me many questions about the bike and really wanted to know the numbers, set up and what else was done with it. i feel lucky

1 - 20 of 25 Posts