Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guess it is about time I introduce myself. I have been away from bikes for about 30 years until I purchased last May an anniversary 1200 Sportster Sport. It was a great bike until about 1,200 Km where it developed terrible vibrations between 2,100 - 2,900 rpm. Ended having the bike in several shops for nearly one month where HD US factory finally declared that it needed a major overall of its guts. At that point I decided that enoungh is enough and made arrangements with the dealer where I purchased the Sportster to trade (at what I payed for) towards a new gold key two tone V-Rod. Got the V-Rod in October and put about 1,400 kms on her in three weeks on weekends before the cold season. Wow what a difference between these two bikes in terms of handling, confort and safety, you can actually see what is behind in your mirrors. Only complaint is that the mirrors are not out more so that I don't have to shift by upper body to see in either of the mirror. I guess it is the handle bars that are not out enough had the same problem with the Sportster.

I now have the leather bags, backrest, engine gard, HD handle bar clock, Kuryakin swithblades pegs, crome licence plate, and to be installed the Porche decals one on each side of the cylinders. Looking a getting a upgraded seat and crome belt guards.

Michel

·
Registered
974 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Now you have got the bug,and there is no cure.
I am sure you will be pleased coming from a Sporty.They are ok in their own rihts but not ompared to twice the HP .

BobT

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Welcome

1 - 10 of 10 Posts