Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting married in 11 days and we're headed out to the west coast to ride form Seattle to San Diego for our Honeymoon. Renting a bike with Eagle Rider. Going to miss the DX and the wife is going to miss her Nightster but shipping them both out there just made things complicated. No bike for weeks.

If any one has any suggestions on things we should do or see as we ride down 101 and Hwy 1 out. I'm already planning on a little side trip from the coast up Hwy 38 in Oregon along the Umpaqua River (sp?) and another one down the Avenue of the Giants along 101. Got 14 days to make the trip so I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks.

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
Congrat's!
Passing through Santa Cruz? Coast is cool at times,dress layered.

·
Noel
4,605 Posts
Hwy 1, stay off 101 except when they converge GG BRIDGE. ETC, ENJOY, WE are leaving the SFO area now, it was 20 dgr cooler than back home.

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
Peak coastal warmth is usually 4 pm'ish. Rainy season is done for now, but fog is notorious.
So you'll be in Monterey Bay area the first week of August?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually plan on riding Hwy 1 whenever possible. Mostly 101 up in Washington and Oregon.

Wont be down to Montery until later. Why is there something intersinting going on the first week. Figures I'll miss it.

SF on 8/13
Capitola 8/14
San Simeon 8/15

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
Actually plan on riding Hwy 1 whenever possible. Mostly 101 up in Washington and Oregon.

Wont be down to Montery until later. Why is there something intersinting going on the first week. Figures I'll miss it.

SF on 8/13
Capitola 8/14
San Simeon 8/15
Whales are breaching. ..see y'all @ Margaritaville in Capitola.:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts