Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Asked about how much for a dyno/test tune for the rod w/PCIII and new exhaust and was told they dont do that w/the PCIII??!! I am a lil confused. Any idea's? Are they wrong or am I wrong here??

Totally confused!! Oh yeah said it would be about $700-$850 bucks :barf: and would take atleast 7 hrs.!!???? :banghead: :banghead: :spank:
Joe

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thnx guys. Martin, I cannot ty enough for all you & Toni have done for me. Exhaust is ordered, pegs, mirrors, and gonna see about ordering UE tank today. Keep you posted. I called Henderson/LV about that dogs ass you were origanally gonna give me. Said it was around $55 bucks. Sound right to you?

Joe

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
That's bs... Bet they would be happy to sell you an "upgrade" though. 7 hours? $850? Really? I am NO expert, but that sounds ridiculous... I think Dyno price I saw posted at local dealer was ~ $285.

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree... I assure you I WONT BE GOING THERE!!

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
I agree... I assure you I WONT BE GOING THERE!!
They dont Want you there, They Said they Dont perform that service, than for some reason Quoted you A price on that service that they dont do? Or did you ask a Hypothetical "How much "Would It Be" type question to get that answer? The Line Up is Dead, The dealers Won this war as HD will Kill the Line Up come 2012 so they dont want to deal with it anymore nor did they from the start.

·
INFANTRYMAN
715 Posts
My HD in town said it wouldn't be that much when I asked in the past, but they are unable to do any due to their machine being broke for over a year. And no plans to fix it, because of cost to fix it. If I had a business and had a tool that was broke, I would fix it regardless of cost. I know these Dynos are something crazy like $500,000 or something, but still it's a tool that is needed.

Now another place I do shop and spend money at has a Dyno. And they told me it's based on pulls not time. IE they try to do it in the least amount of pulls, and informed me they have never had any bike come in and take more than 4x pulls to do a complete job. And they also said most bikes only take 2-3 pulls. Also they are not a Harley place so they do all the PC computers along with any other fuel systems that are aftermarket.

So in my honest opinion I would find a place like that, not brand specific that will do any bike and charge based on pulls. Then request all the print outs of the pulls to keep them in check.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts