Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
VROD JUNKIE
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I know there have been many many tyre threads.

But I finally needed a new tyre and decided to try the Metzler ME880 200x50x18.

I have stock standard 03. Nothing needed to be touched at all.

It feels more stable in the back end now and looks soo much wider. I am sooooo happy with going to the 200.

Basically the tyre shop said there is only the 200 mets or the 205 avon to fit the stock rear rim.

No other manufacturer does a 200 to fit.

If you stick with the 180 you have a few options avail be it Bridgestone, Dunlop , Metzler etc.

Again thanks to this awesome forum to answering all the questions to help me with my decision.

·
Registered
305 Posts
well I just put a new Avon Venom 200 on today and it's AWESOME'R ;)

·
WHATEVER
3,739 Posts
both metz and avon are great tires, the avon is just a little softer.

·
Premium Member
483 Posts
I'm with ya, I just wentfrom the stock dunlop to the metz 200, and I couldn't believe the difference it made in looks and feel. 100x better. I never dreamed 1 size could fill up that rear fender so much more. However, my stock 02 required a little bit of trimming of the belt guard to get it to fit.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,412 Posts
Just put the 200 Metz on this weekend and it looks great and also rides alot better..:notworth:

·
Speed limit exempt
167 Posts
I put new Metz's on front and rear, did the 200 rear with no mods to my 03 A. I agree with everyone above, big difference in look and ride, just like we've seen for years on other posts. Definitely a great idea.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Metz rocks. I now have the limited edition 193 mm tire.

Worked fine till I rode 2 up and rubbed the edges off....

·
Registered
494 Posts
Thegeneral said:
Metz rocks. I now have the limited edition 193 mm tire.

Worked fine till I rode 2 up and rubbed the edges off....
:D
"06 R model w/ 200/50/18 Metz and bag rack mounts installed. I've ridden two up with no rubbing - no mods for install.

·
But I AM standing up
166 Posts
Is the Metz 200 "Z" rated?

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Yes it is Z rated, as per the Metzler website.

·
Brian
137 Posts
I just put on a 180 Metzler tire this past weekend and WOW! I can really feel the difference! I only wish I had thought of putting on the 200, but oh well. :notworth:

·
Bad ride inside
505 Posts
had a 200 metz as well as a new front installed @ vegas bikefest for $380.00. Smoking deal!!!!! The ride is exceptional, way more stable @ speed and especially when you lean in hard a lot more confidence... even scraped my supertrapp a few more times

1 - 12 of 12 Posts