Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the H-D dealer today and looked at some night rods. I won't be buying till the end of the year but I wanted to get some dealer prices. They are asking 18-19k for the 07 special edition and I think they were used. And they had an 06 night rod that was used and they were asking 16k for it.

There prices too me looked a little high from what i have seen online and other dealers. Do they look high?

When I buy I am wanting to get an 06-07 night rod in blue. With 5k or lees for miles what should I expect to pay for a stock one?

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
Waaaayyy too much! My base price on a brand new denim 06D 13 months ago (just before the 07s came out) was $13.7 k. Add a security system, luggage rack, sissy bar, tallboy seat, saddlebags (and hardware), tax, title, yadda, etc. and I had to deliver them a check for a little over 16K. ($16.3?? - don't remember the exact figure) And this is in an area where tax rate is 8 1/4% (over $1100 in taxes just on the bike)

On an 06D, you have LOTS of room to dicker!!! Used, you should get it for well less than 13, out the door.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
If you are patient you will get a good deal on a used bike. I just got an '06 nightrod with under 700 miles. basically a new bike for under $12K. Keep our eyes open on here and ebay. he deals are out there. I wasnt planning on buying one until next year, but it was such a good deal I couldnt pass it up. I have had the bike 10 days and have put on 800 miles. I think I am in Love.

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts
Wich dealer did you go to? It looks like Cowboy Harley has 8 06 D's in stock. I would think thats where you would get the best deal.

·
2" of dangling death
10,933 Posts
welcome and keep looking

·
Dilligaf
5,393 Posts
Welcome!

·
jacket off!
9,720 Posts
Welcome!!:D

·
Premium Member
2,534 Posts
Welcome.

·
OLD FART
1,639 Posts
:welcome: :vrodforu: :welcome: :biker: I wouldn't be afraid to buy a used low milage v

1 - 12 of 12 Posts