Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having troubles with my shifting, figured it was the Clutch Plates so I upgraded to Slipper last month, Not fixed so much. So people here have given me advice on what it could be and I have tried many things, to no avail.
Well I had enough of the poor performance after the Exile Cycles run on Sunday and took it to my Guy Ed in Huntington Beach. When I dropped it off I had a weird feeling I might not see it for a while.
Well today I got the call, for the 3rd time my Transmission is Blown. Unlike Last time where it would "Pop" out of 2nd into Neutral when I would rev the motor, this time it shifts so hard in 1st & 2nd that I HAD to wear steel toed shoes in order to ride it.
I am now a Sportie Rider!!!!! Bad part about this is that the Gurl now works Mon-Fri instead of Thurs-Tues and now she cannot go riding with me as its not a 2 seater. I see no August VRSCA riding in my world.
Eh could be worse, I am going to Vegas next week than Palm Springs the following than a 3 week gig on a pilot show.
Love that Extended Warranty. Last time it ended up being just shy of $3000.00.

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
Wow. You're the poster child arguement againts my views on the extended warranty. Glad you didn't listen to me. I cancelled mine.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like you need a mechanic that knows the inside of a Revo towork on it.
Well many people around here know how hard that is to do, My guy races his Destroyer in the AHDRA and has 2 DX's and does all the work for a local HD dealership when people bring in their VRSC models, apparently that Cheaper than hiring a tech with the smarts. So I am fully confident he knows what He is doing.

Lux, may want to consider putting her out to pasture.:hidesbeh:
I certainly am.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its about time Luxie and Ducati have a common interest and this Vyper for all intent and purpose appears to be doing just that. I Hope it shows up at this years New Bike Show and they Dont do the whole Limited release etc...

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
Well many people around here know how hard that is to do, My guy races his Destroyer in the AHDRA and has 2 DX's and does all the work for a local HD dealership when people bring in their VRSC models, apparently that Cheaper than hiring a tech with the smarts. So I am fully confident he knows what He is doing.

I certainly am.
No, say it ain't so.

·
boo
5,211 Posts
Its about time Luxie and Ducati have a common interest and this Vyper for all intent and purpose appears to be doing just that. I Hope it shows up at this years New Bike Show and they Dont do the whole Limited release etc...
damn, hadn't seen that one - looks sweet

·
Registered
234 Posts
Thing's break, no question about it. But typically, if you already broke it 3 time's. it's not the equipment. It's the operator. You'll save yourself some money and a lot of downtime, if you just learn how to shift.

·
Insane inda membrane
13,005 Posts
Thing's break, no question about it. But typically, if you already broke it 3 time's. it's not the equipment. It's the operator. You'll save yourself some money and a lot of downtime, if you just learn how to shift.
:cupcake

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
How many miles do you have on your bike? OH, yeah it is probably more than 70,000 right?

·
Registered
234 Posts
My point exactly, most people will never put that many miles on a motorcycle. Let alone on those shitty cali freeways.
So, by your logic, if you live in Cali, it's perfectly normal to go thru a tranny every 25k. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. And after reading on here for a while. That's saying a lot.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
So, by your logic, if you live in Cali, it's perfectly normal to go thru a tranny every 25k. That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. And after reading on here for a while. That's saying a lot.
The 1st Tranny went about 3,500 miles after I got the bike from the guy in TX in 2005, The Tech at the Local dealership installed it Wrong and didn't crack the cases like He said He did, So He lied and did a BAD job (Now I know how much you LOVE Your Harley Corp so you Might not believe that statement I know), so it Blew again within the 30,000 miles (14-16 months). This Tranny has about 45,000 miles on it now, Wasn't Popping out of gear as the last one was but something is Definitely Wrong. My Guy thinks its the Tranny again, He will open it up and look it over next week and know more. He being a Stand Up guy He will Cover the Price of the fix if the warranty doesn't as He guarantees his work for 3 years. So No, the Tranny Doesn't blow every 25k and yes the Majority of the miles on this 1st Year Model of bike is Hard traffic filled miles, with Lots of Downshifts and banging through gears constantly, if Not in traffic tan in the tight canyon roads.. Not flat straight boring USA roads most MIGHT put 5000 miles on a year. So Yes it could very well be the tranny again, makes sense to me. But if that is all Too "Anti Harley" for you I will understand you making excuses for it. I bought a used 1year model bike, I expect problems, I expected More problems actually than I have had.

·
It's Only Money
1,321 Posts
Dude, That is too bad. Thank God for the warranty. But man, 3 trannies? Something seems very weird with Aidsy. Maybe it's operator error? Ever think of that? Or they can't seem to fix it right. Maybe a different mechanic? Perhaps a satanic mechanic?

·
Movin' on....
5,297 Posts
Or an exorcist!!!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts