Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, I love this forum, can i weld the frame without removing the ecm or can i just remove the main fuse, Thank you.

·
Registered
456 Posts
It isn't worth taking a chance. Remove the ECM and the battery. I have 2 vehicles in the shop right now that didn't. A 2002 F-250, and 2003 Dodge diesel. Both had a flatbed installed that required welding. Both have fried Computers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It isn't worth taking a chance. Remove the ECM and the battery. I have 2 vehicles in the shop right now that didn't. A 2002 F-250, and 2003 Dodge diesel. Both had a flatbed installed that required welding. Both have fried Computers.
Thank you so much, That is the info. i needed. you saved me a lot of problems. willard

·
The Hawk
3,923 Posts
You don't have to remove the ECM, just unplug it so there is no electrical connection.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
456 Posts
While it is true that unplugging things SHOULD be enough. Electrical problems have a way of happening that no one can explain. Especially when welding. Once there to unplug it. It takes all of few minutes to remove it and set it aside. Then if something weird does happen. You don't have to wonder about it. This approach will never fail you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
While it is true that unplugging things SHOULD be enough. Electrical problems have a way of happening that no one can explain. Especially when welding. Once there to unplug it. It takes all of few minutes to remove it and set it aside. Then if something weird does happen. You don't have to wonder about it. This approach will never fail you.
HI, you are right i decided to just remove the frame rail from the bike to be save. Thank you for your reply.have a good one. willard

1 - 7 of 7 Posts