Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
MOVE !!!!!!!!
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to a cracked pipe in shipping I studied the welded pipe and it is the same freaking pipe. Ok well its a smidge thicker ( this I found out at a later time). So I got the brainstorm of a idea to match up the old pipe to the new one and cut to length. Perfect :D Well except that I had to go to auto zone and rent out the exhaust spreader and slowly spread the exhaust until the header fit but nothing ventured nothing gained. :D I was going to try and see about the rear header and that is a big HELL NOOOOO. They added a lip on that bad boy that if you cut that sucker off its shorter then the 08 headers :banghead: =\ oh well. But you can use the front one. On a cfr any ways.

Sorry I didnt take any pics too much metal shaving and exhaust soot to touch my phone or camera.

Ben.

Attachments

·
Ron Cooper
1,809 Posts
do what? can you explain your post to me in english

·
MOVE !!!!!!!!
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ha well dont I feel foolish

Dont proof read your own stuff and also dont try and post something when your trying to sneak out of work :D. You rush and erase crap while speed editting that shouldnt have been .

I traded my Toxic Vluxes with another member here for his CFR pipe and headers because I have the 09 which we all know one of the headers is welded to the mid. When I got the pipes in the mail the front header was cracked. Since I didnt want to buy or wait any longer then I needed I compared my stock header and the cracked header and measured them up. Everything was pretty much the same except for its connected to the mid and the newer headers appeared to be a tad bit thicker in diameter. As luck would have it the length I needed was before the weld which made my life a lot easier for cutting. Only problem after cutting was the newer pipe was thicker so I had to slowly and ever so carefully expand the CFR connection just a smidge with a exhaust expander from Autozone.

If I dont catch any errors this time its because I'm trying to tune my board. (If you have to ask you dont snowboard):D

Ben

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
so,is a board efi,or carbureted? If it is carbureted,is it a flat slide? Did you have to change the slide,or just the jet and the metering rod?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts