Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Billy
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I bought my bike a month ago and it came with the lower left frame broken. However it didn't let go enough to affect the shifting until I had rode it home 600 miles (thank goodness). Once I realized what was wrong (there was just enough play in it to affect downshifting) I ordered one from Zannotti's but it was going to take up to two weeks to get it so I took the old one off and welded it and rode the hell out of it. So, if you want to ride w/o spending at least $180 for the frame/shipping you can pick this one up ready to ride for $45 plus shipping and ride as long as you want or until you can buy a new one. I stick welded it with 309 stainless and painted it with primer. It fits my bike perfect (I screwed the bolts in with my fingers and the clutch pedal mount is straight and shifts fine, although the new one required some work to get the bolts in).Yes the weld is ugly but you can ride. It isn't highly noticeable however unless you are looking for it. Send me your zip code and I will charge you actual shipping. Again, this is a fully functional frame piece that I have rode on for over 300 miles and is structurally sound (although I offer no warranty or guarantee , part is sold as is). Before you mount it you can hear a piece rattle inside the tubing but you cannot tell it is there once mounted. Again this is simply a cheap alternative to get you riding and somewhere down the road you can pass it along to someone else.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts