Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay here's my dilemma....

I was leaning toward s putting the Performance Machine "Monaco" front wheel on my V-Rod, then I saw the Weld "Chopper" wheel!

I think the wheel looks better than the Monaco but...I've been hearing that while Weld makes Kickass auto racing wheels, they haven't quite gotten the fit right on many of their motorcycle wheels. Any one know any more on this?

I'm thinking about settling for the Monaco. I've also thought about calling Weld directly, but I'm pretty much a wheel idiot so I'm not even sure what exactly to ask about. Any thoughts? :helpme:

·
Old Guys Rule
1,279 Posts
To match the front do they mfg it with cush drive? I don't think I have ever seen a V-Rod with different wheels front and rear. I dont think the look would flow right. JMHO

·
Craig Fehr
2,506 Posts
We all have different tastes...and that's GOOD! I do have to agree with Manhorse though. I have never seen a V-Rod with different wheels, however I can't imagine it looking as good as if you had matching wheels. Maybe you can prove me wrong ;)

BTW, I think the Weld wheel looks awesome! :thumb

·
Registered
255 Posts
Go with the Weldd 5 yr on the crome compared to PM 1 year which sucks!! too many I know have had peeling chrome with PM

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Are they availbe yet?There was talk about them Last year on VTF but the never came out with a set for our V-rods!:cool:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kaz, Yep, Saw a front one on a V-Rod this weekend. Looked sweet! When I saw it, I didn't realize the problems with fit Weld seems to be having so I didn't ask the owner.

Thanks for the replys all...I'll probably just chrome my stock rear. I have the leather bags, so much of it is covered anyway. I think it'll look good that way, but of course, that's subjective.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just got off the phone with Weld. They say they are aware of some problems with th efit of their motorcycle wheels, however the 19X3 for the V-Rod is not one of them. Also, they said they will soon be offerering the rear with the cush drive! I think I've made up my mind!!!

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
On other bikes I have seen the rear solid chrome and slotted with a custom front and look really good. I guess you have to try. It'll probably look awsome, post some pics. If not you can always get the rear.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Although I have not seen my bike yet, I had the rear wheel and pulley polished and chromed and installed a PM Monico on the front.

I think Val has that combo also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts