Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
VRSCDX
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
my bike had a check engine light that came on during startup and i check the codes on it and basically all 3 codes were related to the battery. this has happened before due to my heated gear and i cleared them and they were historic codes. but i got a few "rolling code" after i cleared the codes under P S C. these codes would roll across the screen after i cleared the codes in P S C and here they are.

please help identify these codes and lmk how to clear them. thanks!!!

PN 1599 002-
PN 67453-07
PN 68925-07

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Those are NOT codes they are the part numbers for the control modules

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
No its just a part number identifier all vrsc do that. you need a manual

·
VRSCDX
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No its just a part number identifier all vrsc do that. you need a manual
that's really weird. i've had to clear the battery codes before and it's never done that before. any idea why it's doing it now?

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Mine has always done that.
I repeat, if your going to start playing around you need a manual.
The forum will give you enough information to get yourself in trouble without it.

·
VRSCDX
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mine has always done that.
I repeat, if your going to start playing around you need a manual.
The forum will give you enough information to get yourself in trouble without it.
don't have the manual w/ me. i'm just asking why it's spitting out these part numbers when it's never done it before.

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

·
Registered
605 Posts
Remember, Do not start the bike immediately after turning on the key. Allow the 'check engine' light to go out before you start the bike. This will take only a few seconds. It allows the ECM to 'reset' and the fuel pump to come up to pressure.

·
Noel
4,602 Posts
No Response, the RUN Switch needs to be on with the KEY ON to get the Instrument Cluster and ECM talking to each other.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
that's really weird. i've had to clear the battery codes before and it's never done that before. any idea why it's doing it now?
You just never noticed it before.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts