Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have this idea, and need to know a little about the operation of the rotating drum that the wheels of a car or bike go on,when on the dyno and how does it regulate resistance to simulate or translate the feedback to horsepower?

i ain't quiet sure i asked that right but i think someone will understand what i'm thinking...........

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
am i over thinking this or just crazy and need to get back on my meds............................

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
see , now thats why i like canadians more than most americans. i didn't have to google it. thanks stomper, don't forget my canadian beer in rockingham next year.

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
see , now thats why i like canadians more than most americans. i didn't have to google it. thanks stomper, don't forget my canadian beer in rockingham next year.
WTF do we look like your beer delivery and Google service guys or maybe just your wife or mother? :)

You know it's pretty bad when I even had to buy and deliver US beer to the track for you in the fall.

I think in 2011 you guys should return the favour and have beer waiting for us when we arrive for a change! :deal:

OK who am I? My name is Robbie " wipe my bum "!!! Jessica give this guy a swat!

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if i read and understood that correctly, i can have a "drive roller" fabricated and mounted on my open trailer then use a AFR meter with wide ban O2 sensor or sniffer stuck in exhaust and adjust accordingly to reach the desired AFR.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WTF do we look like your beer delivery and Google service guys or maybe just your wife or mother? :)

You know it's pretty bad when I even had to buy and deliver US beer to the track for you in the fall.

I think in 2011 you guys should return the favour and have beer for us when we arrive for a change! :deal:

OK who am I? My name is Robbie " wipe my bum "!!!

i've been able to wipe my on bum, eh................:D

tell me how you really feel pat, don't hold back..................:hidesbeh:

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
really though pat, you think its something that could be done and "work" and not cost an arm and a leg. i know alot of people in the heavy equipment business and getting the materials wouldn't be much if anything at all.

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
really though pat, you think its something that could be done and "work" and not cost an arm and a leg. i know alot of people in the heavy equipment business and getting the materials wouldn't be much if anything at all.
I think it's doable. I'm sure somebody makes a a mobile dyno or one can be made. The AHDRA used to travel with one for the Destroyer class. I wonder what happened to it?

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i'm not trying to buy one. i just figured i can have a rolling drum made by the place i used to work at with scrap tubing thats about 14 or 18 inches od made into a rolling drum with roller bearing and axle then mount it on a trailer , pull a bike up-strap it down. and a 4th gear wot run a few times and adjust the afr accordingly. i know theres needs to be more thought put into this but if it was made would i give you a reliable afr?

·
Registered
3,243 Posts

I think in 2011 you guys should return the favour and have beer waiting for us when we arrive for a change! :deal:

OK who am I? My name is Robbie " wipe my bum "!!! Jessica give this guy a swat!

Wait a minute now at Norwalk and Rockingham I fed you Barbecue and told you where the Capt Morgans was....:D

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
Wait a minute now at Norwalk and Rockingham I fed you Barbecue and told you where the Capt Morgans was....:D
You gotta know I didn't mean you. :) Duty free over the last 5 years must think I'm a Canadian beer dealer. Every race I come to someone needs beer.

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
why you wanna pick on the crippled kid...............

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
just don't let me head plant your rental coming out of rich's truck :rofl:

·
Killer Service Inc.
8,938 Posts
1 - 20 of 43 Posts