Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, on the other hand...
Last evening I wandered around PIR during a great event, and ended up meeting DFinch and his lovely bride, as I wandered around seeing about a dozen V-Rods parked in the sea of customized motorcycles...

Started me to thinking...

It might already exist but a simple patch would be pretty helpful at these sorts of events... I just flashed together something along those lines, but I know with the word "V-Rod" in it there could be flak from MOCO, but does it make sense to say that I for one would like a way to pick out the water cooled warriors among the unwashed mass of airheads... (grin)....

I also thought it would be cool if the member's handle could be incorporated...
Just an idea submitted for consideration, but it would be one I'd wear and look for...

Attachments

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Wouldn't a Button be better? than your not forced to wear the same damned thing everyday?

·
Jay Johnston
1,732 Posts
luxlamf said:
Wouldn't a Button be better? than your not forced to wear the same damned thing everyday?
A combination of buttons or patches, I would order more than one patch or button and have the patches sewn on things I would normally wear at an event other forum members might attend.

It is a good idea, I think.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
luxlamf said:
You can put some duck tape over it......to change the look. :)

Good looking patch :thumb:

·
Lifetime Member
5,212 Posts
luxlamf said:
Hey Lux, get several variations with several different names and put velcro on the backs. Then you could be whoever you wanted to be on any given day. Watcha think?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LIUNARep said:
Can you produce them or would you need a vendor? I like by the way.
Mainly offered to get the topic on the table, but it makes sense to me to make it easier in a large group for forum members to "hook up"... One thing I thought about was once the idea was "debugged" to avoid MOCO problems a patch maker who made the effort to make the blank could easily include the unique individual's handle... I like the idea of a button as well, since I can move that around it's appealing to me too, just a place to start the idea gaining steam... In the end it's up to MAX and the powers that be to ping the idea and gauge merit and interest...

·
Vrodder since 2004
4,514 Posts
I'm NOT wearing a button! YUK! Patches are much better.

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
LIUNARep said:
Hey Lux, get several variations with several different names and put velcro on the backs. Then you could be whoever you wanted to be on any given day. Watcha think?
Good idea if their the same size :deal:

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
I've had a similar idea of a t-shirt with the forum name or your avatar picture(picutre wouldn't work for you vray-pdx, you switch too much)

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
i am down for a patch.. i already have velcro on a couple of my jackets so i can change my patches around anyway .. so seems like a good idea to me.. i wouldnt wear a t-shirt like that

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
violet said:
I'm NOT wearing a button! YUK! Patches are much better.
Even if LUX-ified and nice and shiny???
:)

Attachments

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
lakedrunk said:
I've had a similar idea of a t-shirt with the forum name or your avatar picture(picutre wouldn't work for you vray-pdx, you switch too much)
(grin)... ...indeed, that is true, with my mood that day it seems... Your new avatar is outstanding by the way... ...my hat's off to ya, I liked the dark highway, city animated one but really dig this one... ...hat?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
VRay-PDX said:
Even if LUX-ified and nice and shiny???
:)
Now that is cool
Bling bling

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
LIUNARep said:
I aint putting Velcro or patches on my $$$ jackets. Now that I think about it I am not putting buttons either. I guess Buttons woud work better on a Tshirt etc...:stilpoke:

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
lakedrunk said:
So we appear to be some kind of Tourist group or a wandering Office Party? How about a Red ARM band with a Black "V" inside a White circle that could be worn either over a jacket sleeve or on the arm if warm out?

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
I think something like that would be good for any kind meeting, since I really don't know what any of you's look like :D I was at bike night here and the member scubarod was asking all the Vrods that showed up if they were "lakedrunk"

1 - 20 of 91 Posts