Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Scott
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Summerfest last night (Milwaukee, WI's annual weeklong music fest) and met up with a very good friend of mine from Harley Davidson (that's all I'm saying about him specifically).

We got to drinking, partying and talking about bikes and H-D - even though he knows - he wouldn't give me any info on the new bikes coming out, said I have to wait until the dealer show is done...but we got to talking about this forum specifically.

He told me that the majority of the engineers of the VRSC Platform (that's what H-D calls a department) are members of this site and at least two engineers are responsible for either bi-weekly or monthly (he didn't know which one - it's probably monthly) reports to the Platform about issues and ideas gleaned from forum members.

So, whether you believe me or not, we are definately being listened too by H-D so keep the ideas and communication flowing!!!

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
Just a shame they are either slow to act or do not at all. :hmm:

·
On Good Ol' Nbr7
7,267 Posts
Nice to know somebody at the MoCo other than the logo lawyers are listening.....

HoldHard

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
TexasV-Rod said:
Just a shame they are either slow to act or do not at all. :hmm:
What do you mean, so many people complained about the "Dreaded Wind Wobble" that solid wheels are not even an option anymore. One too many "I am gunna Sue cause I cannot control my bike" threads.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
I get emails from several of them. They are really good people and share the same love for the bike that we do. They in no way are part of the legal department of harley and regret the acts of a few in Harley. So lets be nice to them, they do read the problems we have and they make changes accordingly. We are a great source of information for them and I for one am glad they spend time here.

·
spit happens
5,532 Posts
devlpr said:
So, whether you believe me or not, we are definately being listened too by H-D so keep the ideas and communication flowing!!!

Stealing OUR ideas is what I call it.
Sounds to me that if these co called college educated engineers have to steal ideas,insteada creating their own.Then they aren't a very creative bunch.

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
luxlamf said:
What do you mean, so many people complained about the "Dreaded Wind Wobble" that solid wheels are not even an option anymore. One too many "I am gunna Sue cause I cannot control my bike" threads.
I said slow.. not "never".

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
H-D is like an ex- wife,they will do anything they can to benefit themselves....then when the chance comes they will fuk your eyes out.

·
Scott
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
smoothrod said:
Harley watches this site like a hawk! QUOTE]

:soapbox:

·
Scott
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Vinny said:
Sounds to me that if these co called college educated engineers have to steal ideas,insteada creating their own.Then they aren't a very creative bunch.

·
Scott
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
chrome said:
H-D is like an ex- wife,they will do anything they can to benefit themselves....then when the chance comes they will fuk your eyes out.

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
Vinny said:

Sounds more like a creative way to get customer feedback and address legitimate concerns. What's with all the negativity about something that really should be looked at in a positive light??

·
Banned
15,036 Posts
devlpr said:
Went to Summerfest last night (Milwaukee, WI's annual weeklong music fest) and met up with a very good friend of mine from Harley Davidson (that's all I'm saying about him specifically).

We got to drinking, partying and talking about bikes and H-D - even though he knows - he wouldn't give me any info on the new bikes coming out, said I have to wait until the dealer show is done...but we got to talking about this forum specifically.

He told me that the majority of the engineers of the VRSC Platform (that's what H-D calls a department) are members of this site and at least two engineers are responsible for either bi-weekly or monthly (he didn't know which one - it's probably monthly) reports to the Platform about issues and ideas gleaned from forum members.

Did your buddy mention anything about free hotdogs?

·
F*@kTard
7,946 Posts
Cheatin said:
Did your buddy mention anything about free hotdogs?
I have never seen free hotdogs at my dealer. That's about as negative as I can get today. Beer drinking for the holiday to commence in 5,4,3,2,1...

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Guys really them coming here is a good thing. The product has evolved and is what it is today largely because of our feedback. Larger tank, 240 tire, update motor size, bigger battery. And on and on the list goes. What they are doing is the smart thing to do. The people in engineering don't have any say so over the legal department, we can't blame them for the name thing at all and it is water under the bridge IMHO.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
I dunno any company that can produce a Bike like the 2007 DX just 5 years after creating the best looking Production bike ever in 2002 is alright with me (Thats 2 best looking bikes in 5 years, they went almost 100 years without getting a second look from me before), I don't care where they got their ideas from (anyways how many of you didnt "Borrow" your ideas in the 1st place) Especially when I walk in the showroom and see nothing but big Boxy Bagged up Utility Vehicles with Antennas everywhere. Thank God they are doing something other than 2 wheeled Campers. Just wish they didnt give in to you Wind Wobble muthr****ers so easily.

·
----->
7,589 Posts
luxlamf said:
-Same with the gas tank.

·
Comfortably numb!
1,968 Posts
I for one am glad for this forum, as I am benefiting from everyone's ideas read by the MoCo engineers. My 07 is a great ride due in large part to the information shared by members here. Thanks!!! :)

1 - 20 of 135 Posts