Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Tired of the crap
2,819 Posts
The anodized aluminum skins of the V-Rod will stay nice looking for an extremely long time with little if any additional care beyond regular washings with Sunwash. I've had decent results by following that up with the H-D quick detailing spray - it seems to make rain water bead up nicely, without leaving a heavy waxy buildup.

About the only downside of the anodized finish is that it is hard, if not impossible, to repair any scratches or other damage you get in it. I'd say if you do end up with a dent or scratch severe enough that it mars the appearance beyond what you'd want to live with, you'd probably be best off having the whole bodykit painted.

As Max pointed out - the stock disc wheels can and WILL get waterspotted if you allow brake dust to sit on them for longer than a week or so. I've had good results removing the waterspots with NEVR-DULL, a wadding metal polish, but others have also reported good results with other products.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.