Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats best to remove water spots on my swingarm i have tried never dull and still have spots on it thanks birdman!!!

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
Don't ride in the rain! No, seriously, I use SEMICHROME Polish. The Stealership has it as do most Auto parts stores.

·
MOVE !!!!!!!!
232 Posts
Post before and after pics of what ever you use. :D

·
2009 VRSCAW
272 Posts
Captain Richards metal polish.
Non abrasive and has cleaned spots off of my factory rear wheel that nothing else would touch. Just put a small amount on a micro fiber towel and start rubbing. Takes some work but if this stuff doesn't take it off you need a grinder LOL!

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Cpt. Richards works, but at 3x the cost of Mothers, it is not worth it. User Mother's billet and a powerball mini, if that does not work try Mother's Scratch-x

·
Registered
399 Posts
Simichrome (not semichrome) , Mother's, etc.etc. are all the same thing. Aluminum polish is made of diatomaceous earth and amonia. Different sellers,dyes and packaging-same substance.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
I've tried the rest, now use the Captains Best. Hey that rhymes :D!
I spent a week staying 100' from the ocean and my stock wheels were salt water stained in several areas. Tried lots of products, including Cpt. Richards (still have 2 bottles on the shelf), and NOTHING removed the salt water stains completely. I went through Nevr-dull, Mother's billet, Cpt. Richards, and finally used Mothers Scratch-X to remove.

Cpt. Richard's works, but no better than Mother's Billet polish. Then factor in how much more expensive Cpt. is and having to wait for it to be shipped, just seems like a waste of money. IMHO

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
Use aluminum polish. Any brand doesn't matter, but lots of elbow grease or a power tool if it's really bad.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey guys i got some stuff called White Diamond it works great even on rims ,stock foot controls ,swing arm and triple tree they sell it at the hd shop but is even cheeper at advanced auto with a little elbow grease it worked great and thanks for the info !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts