Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had some water spots on my mirrors that I tried getting off with every window cleaner there is, nothing worked. They were like this when I got the bike 5 months ago and they drive me crazy, my stuff has to be perfect in my little OCD, anal world !!!
I was just going to buy new mirrors.......until......I was cleaning the bike just now, and again, tried to get the spots off the mirrors.....no luck.....until I remembered someone on here telling me to be careful when cleaning anything with "Neverdull", as it would scratch some chrome. So, I decided that since it has a minute amount of abrasive in it, maybe it would remove the water spots and possibly not hurt the mirror surface, and yes, you guessed it,,,,,,,the water spots are gone and the mirrors have never been so clear and reflective, unbelievable.
Just one of those things you never want to try until someone else does it, well, I did it and it worked great. A use for Neverdull that wasn't intended.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Meguiar's Scratch-X works great for that and plastic headlight covers that have yellowed or hazed.

·
V's and Z's
4,093 Posts
I use Meguiar's Paint Scrub for water stains on glass.

·
Been there done that
1,527 Posts
Vinegar & water

I've used diluted white vinegar and water several times to get water spots off car windshields, shower stalls and bath room faucets. I've even used it on car paint finishes that had very bad water stains. Try a small amount of vinegar first and increase the strength as necessary. curley

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
Sweet!

·
Shelby Stanga Rocks
8,199 Posts
Dealer will sell you new mirros, sounds like hot dog juice got on them.:hidesbeh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts