Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I hope you can help me. I have a problem with my vrscx I have to change the water pump number 26799-07k and I can’t find it anywhere maybe you know where can I get it or if there is Another part that fits Thanks

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Hi I hope you can help me. I have a problem with my vrscx I have to change the water pump number 26799-07k and I can’t find it anywhere maybe you know where can I get it or if there is Another part that fits Thanks
This should still be available by order from the Harley dealer but if not as it was a silver one that was only fitted to the VRSCX you could use either of the following part Nos which will be more readily available.. They are all the same pumps, the only difference being the colour of the aluminium housing which can easily be painted. The Platinum one might be close enough without painting.
Part no. 26759-04KA Black
Part no. 26750-01KA Platinum

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi I ask the dealer about it and he said that i can’t put the other pump are you sure

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
Hi I ask the dealer about it and he said that i can’t put the other pump are you sure
Same pump, thermostat housing etc from 2002-2017. Just the color differences. There might be an updated number as the manufacturer might have changed. This will no doubt come with a superceded part number the dealer will be aware of. I've seen a new pump and there are a couple of visual differences but it's a direct fit to all production years. Those differences being one o-ring on the snout instead of two and the impeller attachment is different. Some info here.
Ron

·
Registered
515 Posts
The part number change was due to design change. The new replacement pumps are rebuildable vs fixed shaft older version.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I don’t understand can I put the platinum water pump or just the chrome pump Is there a difference between them. Thanks

·
Registered
515 Posts
All VRSC's have the same pump just color difference

1 - 9 of 9 Posts