Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Duke1
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I went to a gas station and I put 93 in my tank I got about 5miles then the bike went to shit.We change the plugs put dry gas in it them filled it back up with 93 from another station .It ran good for 5miles water still in tank.Got it home drain the tank and now Im looking for some answers on what to do next....:moped:

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Hi everyone, I went to a gas station and I put 93 in my tank I got about 5miles then the bike went to shit.We change the plugs put dry gas in it them filled it back up with 93 from another station .It ran good for 5miles water still in tank.Got it home drain the tank and now Im looking for some answers on what to do next....:moped:
If in fact it's water, it will puddle on the bottom of the tank where it can be siphoned out. Isopropanol alcohol can be added to the gas also. This will absorb the water and mix it with the gas so it can be burnt up. Commonly known as gas line antifreeze in colder climates. I do however suspect your issue is more fuel pump related in some form rather then water in the gas. I could be wrong but once it's in the system and the engine quits, it generally won't start up again until system is purged.
Ron

1 - 2 of 2 Posts