Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this weekend i went riding, and got into rain. I decided to give my bike (and car) a bath. Before this, i would just wipe it with a damp rag, but, this time i just kind of washed it as i normally wash my car. Is that ok? Is there any issues putting water anywhere?

Also, side note: how stout is the engine? I do take it through its paces (redline, etc), and can cruise at higher speeds. Any concerns for engine?
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
So this weekend i went riding, and got into rain. I decided to give my bike (and car) a bath. Before this, i would just wipe it with a damp rag, but, this time i just kind of washed it as i normally wash my car. Is that ok? Is there any issues putting water anywhere?

Also, side note: how stout is the engine? I do take it through its paces (redline, etc), and can cruise at higher speeds. Any concerns for engine? View attachment 611815 View attachment 611816
Avoid water at the IM and the top triple clamp area. Good idea to blow dry it with a leaf blower in those spots that hold water as well if you have one. Higher rpms won't hurt anything but gas mileage.
Ron

·
VRSC est -03
3,540 Posts
Is there any issues putting water anywhere?
Lots of dirty roads here.. Sometimes it looks like I've dragged my bike through the bog. As Ron says, put a plastic bag over the cluster, avoid high pressure washing aimed at the triple tree and hub wheels. Beyond that, no problem.
PS: Nice car! (y)

·
Registered
42 Posts
I bathe my bike using a 3-gallon pump up sprayer with an adjustable tip. Warm water and carefully sprayed with the tip set to a wide cone pattern. I pre-rinse with this low pressure water and final rinse with the same. I can do the whole bike with 2-gallons of rinse water and 2-gallons of bucket wash water.

When done with final rinse, I use my shop-vac with the hose on the exhaust port to blow off the water. The filter in the shop-vac cleans the air...so not dust get blown on a clean bike.

Final drying done with a chamois.

Works like a champ every time.

·
Premium Member
2004 vrsca
98 Posts

Also, side note: how stout is the engine? I do take it through its paces (redline, etc), and can cruise at higher speeds. Any concerns for engine? View attachment 611815 View attachment 611816
Not a car lover but that is a hell of a nice background for that great looking nrs 😈

1 - 16 of 16 Posts