Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 VRSCB
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day I started the bike as normal let it warm up about 5 mins, backed out of space and took off in the grass, I stalled out and the bike died. All instruments were dead and I had no electrical response at all. Turned the key off and on couple of times, nothing. I parked it and began to troubleshoot problem... I checked the main fuse, it was good. If I turn the key to the far right position I get a response from the instrument array but I guess that is a diagnostic setting on the selector keyswitch. This is an '04 VRSCB with 13,000 miles and I have had no issues other than the oil leak under the stater, which I solved with 3 "O" rings from AutoZone. I am new to the Vrod and Harley ownership. Can anyone give me a clue where to start looking before I go to Harley?

·
Registered
645 Posts
First, start with the basics. Test the battery- having it load tested is best. Then check the grounds. The ones at the cylinder head are a common problem. Also, the ignition switch contacts have been known to have a poor contact as well

·
Registered
5,238 Posts
Seems like a power interupt based on the IM not registering. Could be the ignition switch, system relay or pooched battery. as well as any main grounds. Once the voltage for whatever reason drops below 9, the ECM takes a nap, shutting the engine down. Fairly typical for EFI systems.
Ron

·
Registered
21 Posts
:sick: Electrical is hard but start by taking seat 💺 off and Tracing the wires your batteries located in the front left your light mistaken toTracing the wires your batteries located in the front left if not mistaken. You might of pinched wire or had someone try to steal it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts