Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so i just bought my vrod through the military sales. they offered a 5 year transferable warranty. my question is, is it worth the grand for it? Who has had to use it and what are some of the stipulations for those that have it?

·
O5' CVO - $12,000
707 Posts
I also got talked into purchasing the exetended warrantee a couple of months ago when I purchased a slightly used 05' VRSCSE.

I have not used it even once yet. Is there a way to return it for refund? Heck, They even got me for tires and wheels warrantee! I would not want stock Dunlops if I needed a replacement tire anyway.

Thanks for anyone who has the answer.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I'd pass on the warranty.

Most "extended warranties" have a provision for cancelling/refund of the unused portion. Check on the paperwork you received when purchasing. If not call the warranty company on the telephone. BUT....be prepared for them to really try and talk you out of cancelling it. They are a BIG money maker for the warranty company and the seller.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Hi-Def said:
Heck, They even got me for tires and wheels warrantee! I would not want stock Dunlops if I needed a replacement tire anyway.
Thanks for anyone who has the answer.
The tire warranty covers any brand tire.It also covers consequential damages,like fenders,belts,pulleys if the tire should take out a component during failure.
There is a ceiling on coverage when both tires are replaced and I don't believe they ever prorate.I have had both replaced on my Heritage and the difference was low,well worth the effort.

The EX warranty is a little more difficult to deal w on a used bike.Almost always an adjuster is sent out.
I have the EX warranty on all of my Harleys that was purchased when they were new and I find it well worth the money.
The dealer I use works w me and I have never had an adjuster debate a repair.

You can cash in on the EX warranty but you will be charged for the time it was in effect.You will not normally be given a cash refund if the bike is financed,the amount will be credited towards the principle of the loan.

Elrod on the V-Rod:moped:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts