Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know if using a Power Commander PCIIIr void Harley's warranty on the V-Rod

·
Registered
154 Posts
hope not...my dealer installed mine

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
Radarod, it seems to all depends on your dealer. We've heard a variety of stories here. Some are jerks about it and tell folks it voids the warranty, some ignore it, and some say they'll only continue honor the warranty if they install it. Legally, they have to prove that the PCIIIr was responsible for any damage that would require a repair under the warranty.

One of the good things about the PCIIIr is that it's REALLY easy take off the bike.

;)

·
Cruzin' the Canyons
1,485 Posts
As long as the dealer does it. My VROD tech @ Glendale Harley reccommends it for Supertrapp install...

·
SNAFU
13,094 Posts
LENELSA said:
As long as the dealer does it. My VROD tech @ Glendale Harley reccommends it for Supertrapp install...
As long as the dealer that did it is the one you're going to for warranty work. All a dealer needs to do is see the PCIII (or any other mod) and they can refuse a claim. You pi** then off and they can screw you big time.

Of course you can take it to the regional manager then fight HD in court because, like Val said, unless they can prove the PCIII caused the problem they cannot use it as a reason to deny a claim. A nice win, too bad you'll probably miss an entire season of riding and your legal bills will be more than the bike cost :(

Bottom line, if you're seriously worried about your warranty then either make no changes to the bike or develop and maintain a good relationship with your dealer. Or, you can be like me and make changes you know aren't hurting the bike and be a pit bull if they try to do you wrong ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts