Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so when I was considering a new bike, I also considered a Warrior (until I test drove one and gave it a good look in person). So I was a member on the Warrior forums asking questions, etc..

So.....just for sheetz and geegles, I let them know - nicely - that I bought a Vrod. Most responded that I made a good choice and they like the Vrod, but there were 2 negative responses -one of which struck me as odd.

The first was the typical type who tought I was an idiat for not buying a bike just like his and also said I was a sheep for buying a Harley.

The second - which was the odd one - said "The Vrod, what a small bike" - weird, eh?

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
I'm fond of saying that the right bike will choose you. Congrats. Enjoy the ride. As for the Warrior guys, well, there's a couple in every crowd. Live and let live.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
The warrior is a very nice bike! my brother has one and loves it, he of course has changed it considerably! here's a picture of his, you can't see but he's changed the rear fender to go almost all the way to the ground. I don't like much what he's done but he sure does and I guess that's all that matters.

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Lakey's bro's bike is pretty cool, even with the crazy jockey shift! It's not too bad a choice, (if you can't get a V-Rod).

And hey, that place looks familiar!

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
I wonder if they wear Bedazzled Jackets that say Yamaha on them like many Harley people do?

·
lurch on two wheels
296 Posts
My brother has a warrior too, nothing like lake's bro's bike. basically stock with a pipe and a 210 metz.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
NightMare said:
And hey, that place looks familiar!
kind of looks like a picture I saw somewhere with your bike out on a runway :hmm:

·
Registered
190 Posts
I like the Warriors. Almost bought one but it wasn't water cooled. That is why I didn't buy it to be honest. I'm glad I went with the V. I'm very happy.

·
John
2,700 Posts
jacothedog said:
The second - which was the odd one - said "The Vrod, what a small bike" - weird, eh?
Small? Yeah right!

Length
92.8 in.
94.4 in.
93.9 in.

Seat Height
26.6 in.
26.0 in.
28.1 in.

Ground Clearance
5.3 in.
5.0 in.
6.1 in.

Weight Dry:
632.0 lbs.
637.0 lbs
612.0 lbs

Top number set is for Dyna Low Rider

Middle set is for VRSCAW

Bottom set is for Yamaha Warrior

·
Darren
2,007 Posts
jacothedog said:

I have heard that from others as well. Most of which are riding M109's or Triumph Rockets. In my case, they are always referring to size of the monstrosity of a gas tank compared to our airbox covers. I guess if you look at that, they have a point, but I told my buddy who had the white 109 that his came straight out of Star Wars. :D

·
KC Rally Vet
3,172 Posts
lakedrunk said:
kind of looks like a picture I saw somewhere with your bike out on a runway :hmm:
I wondered how you got your bikes out on what looked like an active runway. now I know.

·
Premium Member
3,516 Posts
I have a buddy that is a member there, I pop in to talk trash to him every once in a while. They seem to bag on the V rod a little. The warrior is not a bad bike but after riding one I am very happy with what I have.

·
1130cc.comaholic
13,241 Posts
vrodrjs said:
I wondered how you got your bikes out on what looked like an active runway. now I know.
I work at a airport that isn't that busy most days, they were just helping me do my job, I have to do "runway checks" :D

and my brother has sat on my bike and said the same thing about it being small, I think it's just because of the airbox and handlebar position.

·
Safe and sound
4,589 Posts
lakedrunk said:
I work at a airport that isn't that busy most days, they were just helping me do my job, I have to do "runway checks" :D

and my brother has sat on my bike and said the same thing about it being small, I think it's just because of the airbox and handlebar position.
How much can you really check at 100+ mph.

·
Premium Member
10,809 Posts
How smooth it is, for one! Helps scare off the deer and birds!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
As for sheer looks, there is no other bike that even comes close (not even in the ball park) to looking as good as the Rod. That is the reason I bought mine.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
I liked the Warrior for its style but than the DX came out and I have now forgotten about the Warrior because the DX is the finest production bike out there.

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
toy_collector said:
I think the "small" comment is referring to the engine size. The warrior is 1700 cc.
Bigger aint always better. Them 1700cc's give nice torque, but lack in the HP department. The dual overhead cam's are hard to beat.

·
Shelby Stanga Rocks
8,199 Posts
I agree with the small is the motor. Here is where I was going to slam the Yamaha but figured that we all know why we dont have one. So with that said I have something nice to say about it. It makes me love my DX even more.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts