Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
KC Rally Vet
3,172 Posts
dirtrider Dan said:
Ok, not to beat a dead horse, but since we're on this topic....I am trying to contact VrodRick regarding a backordered part that he still owes me. I get no reply on phone messages.
I bought some parts from Rick back in January, and all the transactions went fine, with the exception of this one part.
Anyone know how to contact him now that he's been banned?
Thanks
Dan
I saw him on here tonight selling his new turbo. That was at about 8:30 central, so I am betting that post is already gone. His new name here is VRR.

·
Cliff
423 Posts
I use to frequent a forum for Compact tractors and any sales that were made the individuals would post results of the sale. Sort of a forum feedback type thing. It worked out well as you could see if the transaction went through or not and if it went smoothly. I guess we get a sense of false security but I like to think there is still some stand up folks in the world. If a guy can't trust a fellow VRod owner who can you trust!!:cheers:

·
Registered
922 Posts
Cheatin said:
Damn, whatever happen to a handshake is as good as a signature in blood? If you make a deal, stick to it and don't bitch out. Period. You're only as good as your word.

For most of us that still holds Cheatin, but the there are a minority that dont care, especially while hiding behing the anonymity of a faceless name on the internet. I've been lucky so far but there are to many horror stories so I think a slightly cautious attitude is best until you know someone (through their posts) :biker:

·
Registered
30 Posts
I bought a Supercharger for my mustang from a guy in KY as a complete kit, I got hosed to the tune of $3500, I paid 1700 for the blower and when it got here it had NO hardware, the install kit from Vortech was almost $2K. Once was enough for me, and it sucks because there are decent people on here, only takes one time for it to go bad.

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
Honest sellers

I bought from ;
!) John_fasheh, he dropped a 200 metz off @ an HD dealer and I sent him a check. This was a convenient for both of us. Dealer was installer and third party.
@) Ringhio; he sent me rizoma bars and spacers, no question about him, an honest seller who kept his word.
thx, harlan

·
Registered
42 Posts
Max said:
While I don't want to dampen the spirit in the classified area I will say that caution needs to be used when dealing with members in this area. The things I would look at is the number of post and time they have been a member to start with and I might even get a telephone number and make a call to make sure it is good before I make a purchase. I have now gotten several complaints about dealings going bad and the forum has no control over this at all, nor can I verify each seller is honest.

Note to sellers, you might want to include ebay feedback or any other forum of verification in order to sell your items better.

No first post in the classified area. You must introduce yourself before you post a sale in this area.

Max
I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm new to VRodforums but I have done some transactions with a few members already and all were satisfied. I have a shop, Cycle Zone Powersports 203-597-8814, and we do a lot of custome work and internet sales. You can check out our feedback score, 100%, at Ebay under cyclezonep. The Vrod is our new project and so far it's great. We should have gotten one sooner. I look forward to chatting with everyone.

VRodCT

·
SEVROD06
251 Posts
Dan said:
That's ok Kaz, I'm sure most of us are right there with ya. Heck, I've given stuff away on this forum. I would rather continue to be like we are and get slapped a couple times than become suspicious of other members.
I agree with Dan. As long as we do whats right, we can lay our heads down at night. People who would rip someone off are only ripping themselves off in the long run. Without trust, life would be one scary place.

·
Registered
90 Posts
ok what did i miss?

ok, what'd i miss? i've been a member since 06/05..however, i was incapcitated for a long while...so i was unable to log in as much and as often as i do now.. however i have sold a number of things here. and i must say, i think everyone was happy. to start i sold a new reach seat, and the sport touring windshield.. dont ask me to whom anymore, but i was happy, and i got personal emails from them stating the same...but i know everyone, (although it's ashame) must be aware.

·
Pete K
192 Posts
Our word and balls are all we have. I have had great dealings on this forum and others. Both as a buyer and seller. As a general rule, I never spend more than I can afford to walk away from.

·
Registered
450 Posts
There are always going to be few who don't value there integrity and that sucks there are only a few things that people are comprised of and your word is at the top some people just suck.Fortunately a have only had good experiences on the forum and been luckily enough to have made good Friends.But as for those who will find any scam that is available .Theres nothing special about misusing trust.Its just stealing

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi My name is Mike. My club name is Velcro. My user id is FLTRI72003. I have a Ebay site & a Yahoo site. I would like to offer V Rod parts here but I am not sure how to go about it. If someone could give me some pointers that would be great. Thanks Velcro.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Max said:
While I like Derek's idea the problem is that there are two sides to every story. If I post negative about anyone then it has made me the judge and jury and I'm not sure that I'm the proper person to be in that position. I also am concerned that sometimes people are quick to react if they don't hear back immediately while others take this as a past time and don't get in a hurry. For the most part all but a couple of deals have gone well so this is not wide spread at all just a heads up.

Max
Nice reply! You should get into politics! Max for Dallas Mayor.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey max the rules are a bit penalziing for new entrants because we cannot post new threads for a while and now we cannot sell for a while either. I would suggest either having ebay style feedback/ranking system or we create a blacklist of dishonest sellers. of course we can have a section where people post a question what do you think of this seller?

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
The rules seem to work pretty well. Spend some time to participate in the community and then, after some dialog, consider posting something for sale.

·
Non-erator
9,795 Posts
21 - 40 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.