Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I don't want to dampen the spirit in the classified area I will say that caution needs to be used when dealing with members in this area. The things I would look at is the number of post and time they have been a member to start with and I might even get a telephone number and make a call to make sure it is good before I make a purchase. I have now gotten several complaints about dealings going bad and the forum has no control over this at all, nor can I verify each seller is honest.

Note to sellers, you might want to include ebay feedback or any other forum of verification in order to sell your items better.

No first post in the classified area. You must introduce yourself before you post a sale in this area.

Max

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Max,
I only Wish I would have Followed this advice!I thought with my Heart and Not my Head :banghead: Let ALL MEMBERS Take Notice!This Could Happen To You! :soapbox:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Max, You should expose the member who took advantage of this forum. Just like a bad cheque. That way we could avoid dealing with them and it will teach others to think twice before the same wrong doing is attempted.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Derek said:
Max, You should expose the member who took advantage of this forum. Just like a bad cheque. That way we could avoid dealing with them and it will teach others to think twice before the same wrong doing is attempted.
I agree. We need to keep these people off the forum! On the other hand let's share positive experiences as well.

·
backcracker
735 Posts
That's ok Kaz, I'm sure most of us are right there with ya. Heck, I've given stuff away on this forum. I would rather continue to be like we are and get slapped a couple times than become suspicious of other members. Max has great ideas about looking at posts and seeing how someone acts with others though, it can really help put people to ease. I like Derek's idea as well.

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
While I like Derek's idea the problem is that there are two sides to every story. If I post negative about anyone then it has made me the judge and jury and I'm not sure that I'm the proper person to be in that position. I also am concerned that sometimes people are quick to react if they don't hear back immediately while others take this as a past time and don't get in a hurry. For the most part all but a couple of deals have gone well so this is not wide spread at all just a heads up.

Max

·
Chad 02 V-ROD
1,364 Posts
Definitly not wide spread I have bought several things off this forum and all my deals have went well.
Thanks Guy's
200 tire - Derek
PCIIIr - Dan
Sundowner -Jeff
Free remote for my little v-rod- LiquidSilver
28T-RVROD
Windvest -V-Rob
:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
I have delt with Ketsugo, Kaz and Manhorse, and everything was what I expected, no problems.

I have sold a couple of things here and I hope those who purchased from me received what they expected.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Max is right. In his position he'll almost always hear two stories and placing the burden on him to decide who is right is unfair; and he will rarely have all the information to know for sure.

Personally I have successfully made a purchase from this forum with no difficulties; but you always want to be careful when making purchases from individuals that you don't know that well. For the most part I think this forum is full of honest people that love V-Rods, but there's always the exception...

·
Registered
696 Posts
Set the minimum post's required to sell at 25. That way they can't sell until they have been around for a while.

·
Tired of the crap
2,819 Posts
2ToneAnniversary said:
Set the minimum post's required to sell at 25. That way they can't sell until they have been around for a while.
Thats a nice idea - but I suspect it would just encourage the scoundrels out there to put out 24 "junk" posts before they let loose with their spam.

Its always been my personal policy NOT to sell cars, houses, etc. to either my family or people I know real well. Its not that I'm planning on selling anyone a junk car - but if you sell your brother-in-law a used car and it EVER goes wrong, you'll never hear the end of it.

·
Banned
114 Posts
In the Pontiac forums, we had a section called the "Better Business Bureau" wherin the members could give a thumbs up or down to any business or member they wanted, for whatever reason. Both sides could post their story, if they wanted, and you could be the judge.

Could work here....... ;)

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
How about the 3 strikes your out! You get 3 complaint's and you can no longer sell or buy on the Forum, or be tagged, beware of seller or buyer!

Honesty rewarded, wrong doing punished!

·
Registered
314 Posts
I recommend anyone buying a new bike use Escrow.com! I just bought a 2003 VROD Anniversary from somewhere in Wisconsin, I'm in Calgary. It seems like a fair service.

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
Definitly not wide spread I have bought several things off this forum and all my deals have went well.
:stupid:

·
Banned
15,036 Posts
Damn, whatever happen to a handshake is as good as a signature in blood? If you make a deal, stick to it and don't bitch out. Period. You're only as good as your word.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Selling on the Internet

I did a little research and if you get an email like this it's supposedly a scam

"Dear Sir,

I am Adams Smith from Belgium, I am interested in the above subject item and will like to purchase it, if available for pick up.

Therefore, kindly supply the following informtion regarding it:

1. Brief Discription of its present condition with picture(s) if available.
2. Bottom Line Cost of it without shipping cost.

Thanks for your co-operation, while awaiting for your quick response.

Thanks,

Adams

followed by

Thanks for your response.

Send its picture.

Regards,

Adam

followed by
send the name, address with phone and cell numbers which payment should come to via Us certify check. The checks have been known to Bounce.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ok, not to beat a dead horse, but since we're on this topic....I am trying to contact VrodRick regarding a backordered part that he still owes me. I get no reply on phone messages.
I bought some parts from Rick back in January, and all the transactions went fine, with the exception of this one part.
Anyone know how to contact him now that he's been banned?
Thanks
Dan

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.