Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago I ordered +8" throttle,idle cables and clutch and front brake lines from Barnett. I had used Barnett in the past for cables and clutches. After 2 weeks or so, I finally get the parts.. I install the throttle/idle cables. All is good. Same with the clutch. Now, I go to put on the front brake line. First thing I notice is that the manifold that splits off to the front calipers isn't black like it's supposed to be, Well, no big deal, I can paint it. I go to mount the manifold and find that the bend of the fitting that supposed to go up thru the triple tree is totally wrong and doesn't fit. I call Barnett.... they have me talk to a "tech" , Evan. I explain the situation and he has me take pictures and send them to him. He then verifies that the lines are wrong. He says he will send a manifold and fittings that will work, Another 2 weeks goes by and I get teh replacement parts. Guess what... these don't come anywhere near fitting either. How hard is it to make proper brake lines. I call the Barnett office to arrange for a refund as now its been several weeks without my bike and I'm sick of them dicking around and not knowing what they are doing. The office says Evan will need to approve the refund. They transfer me to his number. He doesn't answer so I leave a voice msg. I follow up with an email to his direct ID. No response to either the voice message of the email. I call again , he doesn't pick up, I leave another message. Once again, no return call. After several days and calls, I send an email to the corporate "contact us". Surprise... no response. OK... I contact my credit card company and start the dispute process.
I called Galfer based on a recommendation on the forum. Within a week I had in my hands new brake lines that were actually all black ( unlike Barnett's) and they fit.

So, you may want to consider the service I got from Galfer vs twhat Barnett did if you are planning to get new cables.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I just thought I'd post a pics of the new bars. I started with stock bars, tried sportster bars then reduced reach bars and finally these. I only have a few miles on them, but to me, they are much more comfortable than the others and hopefully will save my back on longer rides. Also did the triple sprocket locktite fix the other day-- there was no sign of locktite ever having been on the bolt. m
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

1 - 4 of 4 Posts