Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

41 - 60 of 243 Posts

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts

·
VRSCD's Rule!
4,160 Posts
Sorry to hear this. I have had pretty good luck in the past, but these kind of people are bound to be around.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Parts seller

Well, I agree that it is morally wrong if someone is nice and gives you a part for free or just for postage and then they turn around and resell it at a higher price. It is morally wrong to make up stories about why you are then selling the parts. But, it is not illegal in the United States.

Unfortunately, there are lots of people that make a living doing this. In my opinion places like E-bay are frought with crime, illegal parts, scams and E-bay can do more to prevent it, but may not because they want the profits to roll in. In my opinion their safeguards and intervention is very limited and should be greatly broadened.

If it is against "forum policy/rules" to turn around parts the way this guy is then he should be banned under each member name he signs up for once he is discovered.

His identity should not be hidden. Concerns about him, what he is doing, and his user name/identity should be posted and let the guy defend himself. Send him an e-mail if you like, tell him you are posting about his business practices and then fire away. Keep it factual in nature and professional.

We should all be able to post our opinions about products, services, or business practices freely. Let's educate each other and share information. That is part of what this web site is about. Right?

·
In the Shark Tank!!!
1,633 Posts
Would one of his latest identities be Hank???

Out the person, let us know......

·
Registered
501 Posts
wow this sucks that ppl do that.. someone like me looks for a budget buy on stuff to use.. sometimes i may try and sell my old parts but thats cause im a single 24 year old trying to get by and live good on a low paycheck...

but i would never score something on here and sell it for more.. thats just not cool at all.. a forum is more like a family.. plus a v-rod forum is not just your average dickiedoo bike forum..we are a special breed lol

·
Been there done that
1,527 Posts
I think that his prices are too high. He is selling at what I can buy new parts for. He is obviously selling to the uninformed buyer. But its been said here before,"seller beware, and buyer beware"...

·
Registered
480 Posts
Parts for Sale

If this guy is doing this he does not care what anyone else thinks. He is doing it to make money and will continue to do it until he is stopped by being taken off the forum. It is not illegal and he will not be arrested for it. He has nothing to loose. He knows this and it is why it most likely will continue.

If his privliges are revoked from this site, he will then most likely continue to sign on under diferrent user names until he is caught again. That is how these guys operate. Complete dis-regard for what some may refer to as morals or ethics.

It is likely this will continue. If the forum members truly want this practice to stop he needs to be named and not hidden. But that is up to the members that discover the practice. If they choose not to publicly identify him, they should not complain. They then are part of the enablers.

But then, that is just my opinion.

·
DENIM=TRUE DARKNESS
380 Posts
Honestly, IF i ever find someone on here doing that then i will straigh up call them out on the forum, no hiding there name ect. I do want to give back what i have recieved. Like i stated before, when i get back ill have parts for sale. I will sell them at the price i payed for them. No more then that. I may even sell them at a lesser price but I would rather give back then taken advantage of. I see where most are coming from but just hiding his name is till letting him do what he wants. If i was you i would post up all info about him, where he is, how old ect. soooo when people go to sell there stuff they can find out who there shipping it to. I for one dont want to see my stuff on ebay and being sold for profit, this is suppose to be a FAMILY oriented site, that is why i joined it, to make friends and to meet them all some day. Dont need someone coming in here and buying up stuff and then selling it for twice as much, and the rules do state you are not allowed.

I would propose a no compromise rule, meaning NO WARNING!!! YOU ARE GONE ASAP, if you are found doing this, any attempt to come back to teh forums will result in a Bandment apone someone finding you out again. That is the ONLY way people will keep them off the forum. You have to be a family and protect one another like brothers and sisters do!!!!!! I dont have a problem with someone buying up tins and then airbrushing them and selling them ect. That is there business, but taking a SERT and getting it fairly cheap on here and selling it for twice the money on EBAY, that isnt right, no effort or change was done to the product, not time or materials put into it ect. Anyone with better sujestions to solve this problem buy all means I would say post them up.

TREAT EACH OTHER LIKE BROTHER and SISTER, PROTECT ONE ANOTHER!!!!!!! Report these people and get them band, and tell everyone about this. Spread there info among ALL forums sooo they dont do this, heck if you got a PIC post that up here. Basically make it sooo hard that they cant do anything. I for one will now be checking out everyone i sell to as soon as i get back. :spank::spank:

·
DENIM=TRUE DARKNESS
380 Posts
Moderators

I have a really good IDEA for the MOD's of this forum, why dont you make an are on here that you have to register ONE TIME to be able to POST and SELL in the forums private for sale sections. This way you can track who ever is doing this and also they will have to go threw you first. Address for shipping, NO PO BOXes ect. PayPal info and other info to verify that there who they say they are, IF and WHEN you BOOT them that info goes into a BLOCKED area, there no longer allowed to gain access to the for sale side even with a NEW Forum name. There are ways around this to make it more of a hassle for these SCUM to do this to OUR FAMILY MEMBERS. THEY ARE NOT FAMILY, just here to make money !!!!!! I have purchased a LOT of stuff on here, and not cheap 100 dollars here and there stuff iether, I for one dont want to sell to anyone that is going to place it up on EBAY to sell at a higher cost and drive the price up because there on here to make money and to take ADVANTAGE of GREAT PEOPLE> -------- Yea they say be ware of buyers and sellers. Ok well put in place a couple tools to make it easier to do this, OR LET US as a FAMILY TAKE CARE OF THIS PROBLEM. The person who started this thread has to be nice about this, I as someone WHO HAS BOUGHT items and SEEN the KINDNESS out of this forum threw threads and pics see it as a insult to let one of these people get awya with this, I WOULD LIKE TO SEE A NO WARNING rule go into effect. IF YOU ARE COUGHT, your gone, no questions asked. FOR GOOD.

·
DENIM=TRUE DARKNESS
380 Posts
Find out their IP addresses and ban those.
now see there is a great IDEA, for actually the MAC ADDRESS, since the MAC ADDRESS is to there OWN computer. Witch means if they use there computer or any other computer and you block it, they cant access ANYTHING, block them from the entire forum that way. I am a IT guy for Tela data networks, it can be done.

The MAC address is also a letter number combination and there is no COPY of that MAC address in the entire world. You block that and there done for. Only a couple ways around that and then again i dont think they want to purchase new computer or other stuff to get around it, even then anything that is sending information over the net has a MAC address soooooo there for you could block all of them there using to include there MAC address from there modem at there place or work. Just got to get a IT guy to look at the information when they access the page and he can get it to you, MAC address is like your home address, only one in the world.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Find out their IP addresses and ban those.
Having been on other sights that took that route, the problem with this is you end up block whole blocks of dynamic IP addresses from cable companies or telco's who also have wanted and valued members that live in the same regions not able to have access to.

I don't see what the problem is in just naming the guy. Personally I have a stock exhaust, stock laced wheel and stock rider and passenger seat that will be going up soon but if this is the way it is going to be run IE: not naming the offenders so no one else gets ripped off by them then I will probably just go ahead and list them on ebay at the higher price and not have to worry about it.

·
DENIM=TRUE DARKNESS
380 Posts
Having been on other sights that took that route, the problem with this is you end up block whole blocks of dynamic IP addresses from cable companies or telco's who also have wanted and valued members that live in the same regions not able to have access to.

I don't see what the problem is in just naming the guy. Personally I have a stock exhaust, stock laced wheel and stock rider and passenger seat that will be going up soon but if this is the way it is going to be run IE: not naming the offenders so no one else gets ripped off by them then I will probably just go ahead and list them on ebay at the higher price and not have to worry about it.
This is why you use MAC addresses instead. Soooooo this problem wouldnt happen.

41 - 60 of 243 Posts