Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

21 - 40 of 243 Posts

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
I have sent take-off parts to long time members for postage alone. I sent one item without asking for postage.
It is the spirit of the original forum that I am honoring.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Thats true -- but this ain't a business its a forum for motorcycle enthusiasts helping eachother out with parts, info and interesting photos ... just watch out for him!! Hey you got a pretty fair deal on those pipes didnt ya? LOL
Yea I did and they are Great . I'm just glad he didn't get to them 1st and I had to pay 2x as much to get them from his store.

People are a lot more understanding when someone is Up Front with them , this seems to be not the Case with this and it does Sux.

Heck I bet if they were just up front and said if you want to unload your stuff Cheap and fast i'll take them for my E-bay store. He would get a good bit of sales and offers

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
There's also "wanted" listings,where a part is purchased and then re-listed.The buyer will give a heart breaking story of how he wrecked and needs parts stat...Totally wrong!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Well crap!!!

I bought a chrome upper and lower belt guard from this guy! Never would have done it if this had been posted earlier. The price was ok but I wonder what the story is behind them.

:banghead::broke::banghead:

·
Can U See me now
1,672 Posts
This has happened in past. Post up his info BlackNLoud, Or pm info to me. I have a couple things to dump also, but would like to know who prior.

·
Can U See me now
1,672 Posts
Whats the big secret with outing this members name?
Yeah,Lay it out there. He can defend himself if he chooses.
Transparency (something our Govt knows nuttin about) makes the case less mysterious to us slow learners.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've been stung in the same way on an automotive forum before. I give away a part, and next thing I know that person is trying to sell it. If I sell a part on a forum I frequent, it's usually at a good price b/c I want to help fellow members out. For that person to do that is just wrong IMO.

·
DENIM=TRUE DARKNESS
380 Posts
You should just lay his name right out here in black lettering sooo we all know who it is, heck if you wont PM me and ill do it. I am over seas right now, when i get back I will be seeling some items i bought while over here because i am going a different route with the bike ect. I also bought a SERT, FUELER and ended up with a PCV sooo i will be selling this stuff when i get back, i would rather just sell it all for what i paid and be done with it and not have it end up on ebay at more prices. :chair::chair: We are here to help each other with stuff, sooooo if you going to warn then throw it out or give me his name and ill do it. :hidesbeh::chair:

·
Just a big ole Doof
919 Posts
I have sent take-off parts to long time members for postage alone. I sent one item without asking for postage.
It is the spirit of the original forum that I am honoring.
I agree with ya Pat. I too have given parts to other members in need. When Robby busted his tail light and needed one to make a race last year, I sent a take off to him no questions asked. I like to think I helped him win the season. lol...But seriously, it kinda makes me jaded to find a headlight I sold to a "member here" for $50 for sale on e-bay for $240. :spank: I guess he is building quite a collection of used V parts. :stilpoke: :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thank You

I have received a few parts from members at awesome prices - I thank you all for offering things at a great price. My wife is soooo mad that I bought this bike and have been sneaking repair parts so this website has been a Godsend for me! It sucks to hear that someone could be so selfish and do stuff like that! Thanks for the warning! Thank you again for all that have sold items to me!! It has made my marriage a bit less painful!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I agree - out this person.

I have some items I want to get rid of on this site when I get back home to help some of the people in this forum out if the need them...I wouldn't want it to go to ebay for someone else to make double the money on it. Heck - I could do that myself... It is about giving a little back to a community that has helped me out through reading all the posts and seeing pictures so I can build my ride the way I like....

·
Registered
296 Posts
Lately when I see a paint set or part that I know USD Bike parts or Vrods R us or hfr60 will go after , I bid it up on purpose so that they pay their MAXIMUM BID PRICE. While I admit that what they are doing is not illegal in any way, what it does is create a monopoly on Vrod parts and drives up prices in the long run. Honestly, I can't see how these guys stay in business. Some of the paint sets on their websites have been there for years. PM sent.

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
well said

Yeah,Lay it out there. He can defend himself if he chooses.
Transparency (something our Govt knows nuttin about) makes the case less mysterious to us slow learners.
Need proof ....
I'm certain he's being investigated....
But he knows he's being watched....and exposed....
He's now most likely planning his next move....into obscurity....

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Guys Let It Go, Its just not a big deal---If you want to sell parts to him do it :soapbox: If not dont....... I did buy something from him on ebay, there was a small problem with it and I called him and he refunded me $$$ ASAP. I dont see anyone crying about tyson for what hes does...And Please Im OK with tyson----Just saying.

·
Sharks-Parts
5,659 Posts
a bunch of members can always buy items from him and leave negative feedback... that would not be good for his e-bay store...

and remember sellers can ONLY leave Positive feedback - but - buyers can leave neg - or - pos

just food for thought

21 - 40 of 243 Posts