Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

221 - 240 of 243 Posts

·
2012 NRS Vivid Black
663 Posts
And he got it from the forum for 35,shipped.. Nice deal...
Not possible as it came in original unopened packaging and yes it was a great deal which you could/can get, too.

·
2012 NRS Vivid Black
663 Posts

67800054 TAILLIGHT ASY,DOM/HDI 95.99 95.99
SubTotal 95.99
Type of shipping & handling: Standard Shipping (5-10 days) 14.50
Total 110.49

I did save .49 .........LOL! I hear ya and from what I read I understand how people can feel the way they do. I was not siding with with anyone but just passing on what happened to me.

I feel everyones pain that had a bad dealing with him, I really do.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,318 Posts
To keep it simple -- this forum was and should be about helping each other out and paying it forward which many of us have done many times over and over. This weasel was about coming on the forum and buying stuff real cheap and then posting on Ebay for huge profits... Again, this forum was for helping each other and not gouging each other! this is the problem most of us have with the weasel

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I have posted many items here at a very fair price. I get quite a few members " I can get it on ebay for such a such price." So, buy it. If someone wants it at my price, they can have it. I'm not going wait around, first person wants, gets it. I need the room in my garage. I still have items that people want for in their minds "free" things work both ways. Ok, back to our regular program.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
This guy also snaps up parts from eBay. Got me a time or two with high bids, but I'm not sure it always works out for him. I've seen him turn right around and relist the parts. They sit. Why would he think it would go higher after he and I wee the only bids?
Some parts are near HD retail. All is fair in love and war but it's not always good business for him and I really needed the parts.
I will pass on his items and wait, I'll even pay more if need be. It's the only defense we have. ...................."brothers".

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,318 Posts
This guy also snaps up parts from eBay. Got me a time or two with high bids, but I'm not sure it always works out for him. I've seen him turn right around and relist the parts. They sit. Why would he think it would go higher after he and I wee the only bids?
Some parts are near HD retail. All is fair in love and war but it's not always good business for him and I really needed the parts.
I will pass on his items and wait, I'll even pay more if need be. It's the only defense we have. ...................."brothers".
Agreed -- have seen the same thing. He is unfortunately catching the uninformed or desperate buyer with some of his pricing! :chainsaw:

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
I have posted many items here at a very fair price. I get quite a few members " I can get it on ebay for such a such price." So, buy it. ...
Many years ago - many! - when transistor radios smaller than a brick were being made, a guy went into Zale's Jewelry in Jackson, MS, and inquired as to the price of a particular radio - IIRC, I think it was a Zenith.

When told it was $49.95 he said, "But XXXXX down the street has it for $29.95."

The salesman asked why he didn't buy one there and he replied, "They're out."

The Zales salesman said, "If I was out I could sell them for $29.95, too."

Things ain't changed much. :deal:

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am surprised this person is still doing the same thing. I was bidding on an used V-Rod saddle bag. He won the auction for $220 and beat my bid at the last minute. The original seller clearly mentioned that the item does not have all the hardware necessary but this guy has listed it in ebay for $550 plus shipping and says it has all the mounting hardware.

I understand and am OK with people making some money reselling stuff but this is outrageous; selling it to less knowledgeable buyers for twice or thrice the money is totally unacceptable.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
I am surprised this person is still doing the same thing. I was bidding on an used V-Rod saddle bag. He won the auction for $220 and beat my bid at the last minute. The original seller clearly mentioned that the item does not have all the hardware necessary but this guy has listed it in ebay for $550 plus shipping and says it has all the mounting hardware.

I understand and am OK with people making some money reselling stuff but this is outrageous; selling it to less knowledgeable buyers for twice or thrice the money is totally unacceptable.
It's possible he had/has the hardware to go with it. But what slays me is the fact his bid was $220 on the open, worldwide market of eBay and not only was his the highest bid, but apparently very little action besides you and himself! Now, put it right back on at double+? It's a waiting game. I suspect sooner or later it sells, however with hundreds of items and thousands of dollars invested, I think he'd do himself a favor to invest the capitol. Less time, less fees and work!

There is also the ego thing at work here. There are a handful of Monty Halls doing this, they know who they are and they want to get all the parts for themselves.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's possible he had/has the hardware to go with it. But what slays me is the fact his bid was $220 on the open, worldwide market of eBay and not only was his the highest bid, but apparently very little action besides you and himself! Now, put it right back on at double+? It's a waiting game. I suspect sooner or later it sells, however with hundreds of items and thousands of dollars invested, I think he'd do himself a favor to invest the capitol. Less time, less fees and work!

There is also the ego thing at work here. There are a handful of Monty Halls doing this, they know who they are and they want to get all the parts for themselves.
I looked at his listing and he clearly states what he has and it is definitely missing all the important hardware. I spoke to Harley parts department and they told me that the parts that are missing are very important and cannot be purchased separately and it comes with the bags. So it is going to be very difficult for anyone buying the bag to actually use unless they somehow have the required hardware. I tried searching in eBay for those hardware and no one is selling them. In a way, I am glad that I didn't win the auction since I would have wasted the money by buying it. I am going to complain to eBay saying that he is knowingly misrepresenting the facts because I sent him a message informing him about the hardware availability. Some innocent person is going to end up buying it and would be stuck with that item not being able to use it.

·
Registered
737 Posts
If all those predictions from guys claiming Vrods are going to be the collectors' gems in the future come true, then maybe he's onto a good long term thing :)

He certainly seems to be trying to set a market for them.

·
Departed the Fix.
5,160 Posts
This guy hoovers parts. Maybe he just combined parts he already had to go with the saddlebag to make a complete kit?

Not defending, just saying. But, I really don't see how there's any way to know.

R.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
This guy hoovers parts. Maybe he just combined parts he already had to go with the saddlebag to make a complete kit?

Not defending, just saying. But, I really don't see how there's any way to know.

R.
What ebenezerlovelin is saying, after confirming parts are still missing, via his listing, is a less informed person may buy the bags not knowing or realizing the kit is not complete.

If all those predictions from guys claiming Vrods are going to be the collectors' gems in the future come true, then maybe he's onto a good long term thing :)

He certainly seems to be trying to set a market for them.
LOL! Ya, well in 30-40 years he may see a return, but he's obviusly not waiting!!!!, until then his 'investment' is costing him fees. He must do OK, been at this for a number of years. One born every minute?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks for being honest! I am In a spot now trying to put my bike back together and have been happy with the people I have worked with so far, but I'm just getting started! I agree with you on VRodders taking care of each other rather than prey on those who haven't found the forum yet by "ebaying" items and taking them out of THIS FORUM! We are all in a select bike group and SHOULD help each other out. I will offer some of my stuff back when I finish my project. I agree with vrodleo and think you should refresh everyone's memory as to who the perpetrator is!

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Another Caution

Because of my interest in similar parts, I've seen v-rods-r-us purchase more than a few items that were originally and honestly listed by the original owner as damaged and repaired, via bondo, ect., and primed or mentions of wear and imperfections.

They then relist immediately without mention of prior damage. Now it's going to be plain to see once delivered so I would expect some friction, but a dishonest practice to say the least.

I only call them out because the last time I witnessed it, and yes, I lost the bid, I then inquired when I saw it relisted without mention of damage/repair. They did answer the e-mail with an admission, but when I suggested they list it as such, I basically was given a thank you but go fock yourself and it sits on-line today as "great condition". And not exactly a deal either.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
I've bought from him twice (ebay) - only because I couldnt get replacement parts for my CVO anyplace. no dealer stock, and it wasnt cheap either time.

221 - 240 of 243 Posts