Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 243 Posts

·
reallly LOUD!
229 Posts
I may be out of line here but there is some business on here that is really pi%&^%ng me off! There is an individual that keeps finding a way back on to this site after he has been banned twice... We are all on here to swap parts - give fellow members good deals and a lot of times just to help a bro out. This person buys these "good faith" low priced deals on here and then the next day they are in his ebay store being sold for waaaay more than what you sold it to him for or inturn what YOU could have sold it on ebay for. Instead you took a prob less than modest offer from a fellow member. If yall dont mind people making money off your parts - then OK.. Im just here to let you all know whats going on. If you want this persons name and address send me a pm. Personally from now on if I dont know you or delt with you before I will be asking for shipping name and addy first. He has stung me twice now... not again.

http://stores.ebay.com/hrf900r

·
Just a big ole Doof
919 Posts
:popcorn

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
I may be out of line here but there is some business on here that is really pi%&^%ng me off! There is an individual that keeps finding a way back on to this site after he has been banned twice... We are all on here to swap parts - give fellow members good deals and a lot of times just to help a bro out. This person buys these "good faith" low priced deals on here and then the next day they are in his ebay store being sold for waaaay more than what you sold it to him for or inturn what YOU could have sold it on ebay for. Instead you took a prob less than modest offer from a fellow member. If yall dont mind people making money off your parts - then OK.. Im just here to let you all know whats going on. If you want this persons name and address send me a pm. Personally from now on if I dont know you or delt with you before I will be asking for shipping name and addy first. He has stung me twice now... not again.

:wazzup:http://stores.ebay.com/hrf900r
He bought from me but off of eBay and immediately put it back on eBay. Rather strange considering I had relisted due to no bids previuosly and was also asking the "going average money". He obviously was not paying due attention. He may or may not come ahead but I got mine.
As far as members like him buying here cheaply from generous members and selling on eBay, I don't like it at all but all you can do is what you did here. I have my suspicions about a few other members as well, I have seen (cheap only) parts gone in 3-4 minutes and have seen them appear and reappear more than once. You're gonna have that.

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
Please PM me, I would like to know!

·
Greg/Moderator
18,951 Posts
Looks like the address is Warrenton, VA,

So I guess the question is has anyone from Warrenton, VA been trying to buy your parts ?

·
reallly LOUD!
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
He bought from me but off of eBay and immediately put it back on eBay. Rather strange considering I had relisted due to no bids previuosly and was also asking the "going average money". He obviously was not paying due attention. He may or may not come ahead but I got mine.
As far as members like him buying here cheaply from generous members and selling on eBay, I don't like it at all but all you can do is what you did here. I have my suspicions about a few other members as well, I have seen (cheap only) parts gone in 3-4 minutes and have seen them appear and reappear more than once. You're gonna have that.

Score one for the home team! But this really sux certain individuals need to slink around here and Im sure other sites as well looking for victims like some sort of ass fungus.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Yea now that I think about it , I think they beat me out on a few items . Then I see them on E-bay a 2x the price and that just pisses me off more that I got beat on them here. I do know that Username well in my searches

I mean alls fair in business but damn

·
reallly LOUD!
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yea now that I think about it , I think they beat me out on a few items . Then I see them on E-bay a 2x the price and that just pisses me off more that I got beat on them here. I do know that Username well in my searches

I mean alls fair in business but damn

Thats true -- but this ain't a business its a forum for motorcycle enthusiasts helping eachother out with parts, info and interesting photos ... just watch out for him!! Hey you got a pretty fair deal on those pipes didnt ya? LOL

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
It was stated on this forum, by Max, that if your intent is to resell an item for profit you should state that intent. This crap just takes away from generous nature of others.

·
Here for the ride
355 Posts
Why not just call him out so we all know what to expect from him?

Isn't this what this forum is all about? Helping each other out?

·
Road Hog
100 Posts
I've only been a member here a short time and picked up a few good accessories at great prices thanks to the members here.
When I collect enough extras and trade parts out, they'll be coming right back up on this forum.
Hate to see a good thing go bad due to a few selfish individuals.
Thanks for the info, I'll be watching out!!!!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Parts for sale

Well, I have sold some parts cheap on this site. That was my choice knowing that it could be re-sold. I figure once someone owns the property it is theirs to do what they want with it.

I understand how some get upset and your points of view.

I wouldn't do that myself. But, it's not illegal and he is not ripping someone off from what I can tell.

When I have some more cash on hand I hope to take advantage of great deals on this site for myself.

I don't see anything wrong with putting his informatoin out there for others to know and each can make their own choice.

I think the bigger issue is if he has been banned from this site, if he is found back on it, his access needs to be revoked by who ever controls this web site.

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts

·
Premium Member
895 Posts
F'N BASTERDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PM sent

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
Thanks for the info HoneyB.Definitely looks fishy.I promise not to sell to this guy.
I've had Ebay customers and forum members attempt low-balling me ! Makes you wonder?

a)I'm thinking some members have more then one forum name/avatar....sneaky,under-cover business going on.
b)Just look at all the guest visiting and freely lurking on this site each day is amazing.
c) There may also be "team" work going on.One spy and a second as sniper.

I've outright sold "scratch and dent" or "as is" v-rod parts to other Ebay v-rod sellers....then they attempted to re-list with a jacked up value...good luck. I'm glad the scavenger Ebay seller bought those parts from me on the cheap. I was down and out after a serious accident and thought I'd never make money off 'em. But those busted parts paid rent.

1 - 20 of 243 Posts