Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Galfer Sintered 1370/1371 Better friction than Brembo even with no water /gas trap grooves cut into the friction material, consistent stops no vibration or groaning at low speed when stopping. Also seem to use a bit more of the disc area, closer to the axle on the inner side of the drilled holes in the rotor - Love them. R Model.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I have the lyndall z pads on my 06A. My OE brakes always sounded like rocks after 10k. Switched to Lyndall's. No noise, better braking and longer lasting pads. I have 43k on the bike and 32k on the replacement pads and still have over 60% brake material left, and never a brake problem.

Reactions: livrocks

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Wow that's amazing JJrod especially with a Turbo you got a Jake Brake on that bike ? :LOL: I'll try the Lyndalls next time as I'm hard on brakes and ride two up like 80% of the time so more weight to stop. One thing is I'd rather stop 1 foot short of the car door that turned in front of me than have weaker toilet paper brake pads that last longer cost less and instead stop 1 foot inside the car door - I'm going to go practice emergency stops now - Lighting, Brakes,Tires and Riding Ability can save your A$$ ! (y) :censored:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Wow that's amazing JJrod especially with a Turbo you got a Jake Brake on that bike ? :LOL: I'll try the Lyndalls next time as I'm hard on brakes and ride two up like 80% of the time so more weight to stop. One thing is I'd rather stop 1 foot short of the car door that turned in front of me than have weaker toilet paper brake pads that last longer cost less and instead stop 1 foot inside the car door - I'm going to go practice emergency stops now - Lighting, Brakes,Tires and Riding Ability can save your A$$ ! (y) :censored:
I haven't installed my Lyndall Rotors and Gold Plus pads yet but they're sitting in my room. One big plus to Lyndall is that they "guarantee our rotors for the life of your bike (when used exclusively with our premium quality organic brake pads.) "

That's a lofty claim and well on them for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts