Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Captain DeadPool
669 Posts
I’ve had two Vrods with Trask Turbos. My only real recommendation is to get a proper tune and not a piggy back system tuner. Also I’d consider going with a super charger so that you get to pick the exhaust. But my next Vrod that I add power to will be a 1402 Big Bore. I’d try to find pictures of a turbo Streetrod, I don’t think the exhaust and mid pegs will be very comfortable.

· Premium Member
3,292 Posts
But the question is does the mid peg R launch better at the track ? Couple ugly Carbon Fiber heat shields seems to be a small price to pay to get away from launching a fwd controls turbo bike at the track ? ! - IMHO - (y):cool:

· Premium Member
769 Posts
Yes R model handling is much better especially in hard launches. Weight distribution is ok. It is just in the middle if it starts wheeling or burning rubber. Depends on track and the grip. You are much confident when your feets are under you and get support from the pegs. Good seat rear support is also important. If you do not mount your self into bike you cannot measure all its potential if there is lots of power available. I think it is little wrong to think that there could hang on in the handlebars. It is better to give hands opportunity to perform well. This is just my imo.

· Registered
VRSCAW 2010
103 Posts
If I wanted to drag race my ride someday, I would get a similar set up like the Destroyer is equipped. Pegs back enough to get a solid and secure position to really launch that machine.Pneumatic/electric shifter or at least somekind of electric aid there...
Launching a 200++ hp v-rod at 7000 rpm with forward pegs? I doubt that.
Why not leave the forward pegs for all-around cruising?A Proper street/strip - model:cool: , rear brake set up needs engineering in that set up though...🤔

· Premium Member
769 Posts
Yes this is true. To be honest V-Rod except Destroyer perhaps ain't best platform for (street) drag racing. At least it would be so much easier to do torpedo from Hayabusa or Kawa. It is way easier to tickle ponies from inline four than V2.

But what's the fun then. For own fun and others entertainment :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts