Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to find somebody who did the swap already but no luck. I have a 2008 Night Rod, not the special, so I sport a lot of chrome, which I like and the 180 rear seems so tiny when parked next to other VRods with the 240. It seems extreme but I can't get over how the bike looks just sitting there gawking at people walking by. Whoever has done the swap, can you tell me of what type of challenge it will be? Also, I have mid controls, would I have to relocate to forward controls? Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man, would you know what the size's are? They like a 8 or 8.5 X 18 and the fronts should be the same right. I would most definetely want aftermarket, just for looks. Thanks again.

·
day dreaming...
1,795 Posts
stock muscle is 18x8. Most aftermarket are 18x8.5. check out the classified section, i think hogpro has one listed for 3K.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I was trying to find somebody who did the swap already but no luck. I have a 2008 Night Rod, not the special, so I sport a lot of chrome, which I like and the 180 rear seems so tiny when parked next to other VRods with the 240. It seems extreme but I can't get over how the bike looks just sitting there gawking at people walking by. Whoever has done the swap, can you tell me of what type of challenge it will be? Also, I have mid controls, would I have to relocate to forward controls? Thanks.
Please don't mess up a D. Just buy a DX and save the left over money.

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
We have a 300 widetire kit that will work with your bike but you would have to go to forward controls if you want to go that wide. If you want to keep your stock swingarm and stock mid controls then you can go with a 18 x 8.5" wheel with up to a 260 rear tire. Besides the widetire kits we sell lots of vrod wheels so let me know if you have any questions related to wheels or widetire kits. Here is a link below showing some vrods with our widetire kits.

http://hogpro.com/showpage.php?page=gallery5.htm

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks a lot fellas. Wow a 260 rear tire and just by replacing the rear wheel to a 8.5. How does the 260 handle in turns? I ride my bike hard and when I first got it the dude said unlimited milage and if anything breaks bring it back and we'll fix it for free, well a $25 deductible of course. I'm pretty sure that messing with the wheels won't void the warranty, the mechanics and salesman said as long as I don't F with the engine and TM, basically how the bike runs mechanically then I have nothing to worry about. Any input on Warranties?
BTW I would've got a DX but it was in the basement of the dealership and wasn't told about it until I came back for exhaust a week later, but I also love the chrome that the D came with, so I'm trying to get the best of both worlds. I really like the fat tire, it matches the way the bike is and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Again, Thanks for all the input.

·
REVOLUTION !!!
21,412 Posts
Thanks a lot fellas. Wow a 260 rear tire and just by replacing the rear wheel to a 8.5. How does the 260 handle in turns?
The 260 tire will fit on a 8.0 rim as witnessed by the many riders who have installed them on their DX models.. I have a 240 tire mounted on a Kosman widened to 8.0 -08D wheel

1 - 10 of 10 Posts