Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a Treo 650-or-newer (no windows crap) for Sprint that they want to sell cheap? My Treo 600 hasn't quite worked as well as it used to ever since I dropped it in my cereal bowl, talking while eating... way overdue for an upgrade too.

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I buy a lot of crap off of ebay... never felt safe buying a cell phone off there though. any success stories?

·
Jeff/Modistrator
6,136 Posts
I have a friend who buys all his phones from ebay. buys them unlocked and has never had an issue that I know of.

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
I've bought and sold several on ebay with no problem. Like Jeff said... be sure it's unlocked if you're buying a GSM phone. If purchasing a different technology, make sure it's branded for your carrier.

BTW - I gave up on Palm and went to the dark side (Windows Mobile 6 on a Cingular 8525)

·
Ducking for cover!
8,455 Posts
Joe - PM me. We have one we just replaced. It's a Sprint phone, too.

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
Cool... just more evidence that even non-V problems can be solved here!

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm on Sprint, which I believe is CDMA, so a GSM phone will do me no good... will an unlocked do CDMA?

·
Premium Member
1,084 Posts
I've not messed with unlocking CDMA so I'll have to pass on that. I do this solely with GSM phones. You'll be fine as long as the phone is Sprint branded.

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
please feel bad for me too... my Treo 600 is over 2 years old. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Ebay Phones

DrHeathenScum said:
I buy a lot of crap off of ebay... never felt safe buying a cell phone off there though. any success stories?

I bought my Treo 700p from a private party on ebay and had it activated with my Verizon account in a couple of days. No problema...

·
Registered
21 Posts
you wont be able to unlock a cdma to be used w/ sprint. unfortunally thats the way verizon has it set up. if your lookin for a gsm 650 let me know i have 2 or 3 of them sittin around. possibly looking to part with not sure though so let me know.

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm squared up... got a Sprint 700p for under 200 off of ebay.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts