Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 VRSCD
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.......for a 2006 Night Rod VRSCD

I know that they are discontinued but hoping someone might have some old stock.

If I can not find a new one maybe someone has a suggestion on where to get it rebuilt. The sensor contact strip has worn off on mine.

I would even consider just getting a whole new assembly - part number 75123-01

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
fuel assembly.gif
fuel assembly.gif
assembly - part number 75123-01

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

See part #20 on diagram below:

·
EXCELSIOR
8,438 Posts
Without buying used and taking your chances you'll likely not find one. The things never work right anyway, they always begin dropping slowly then around half tank they go to Empty. I just use my mileage trip meter and reset at each fill up. 120 miles stop and get gas

·
Registered
2006 VRSCD
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another member was kind enough to put me onto a way to adapt a marine float to work - and that might be my only option. Unless someone had an NOS one sitting on a dusty shelf somewhere....

All in all it give me pause to think fondly about the Intruder that I had that never broke.....and if it did I was not worried about getting parts.

·
EXCELSIOR
8,438 Posts
These original models were problematic, the replacement was a sonar system that read the gas level, that too was problematic so they added a float for the beam to read and in the end that too was problematic. Most of us just use the trip meter, it never fails.

·
Registered
113 Posts
All in all it give me pause to think fondly about the Intruder that I had that never broke.....and if it did I was not worried about getting parts.
Would that be the Intruder that was known for having the most annoying to access battery in all of motorcycling? (Which is saying a lot if a V-Rod rider is saying it) lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts