Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
You surely mean "anodized skins" and should be easy to find on eBay or in the classifieds as most everyone trades them off for paint.

·
Premium Member
2,928 Posts
You surely mean "anodized skins" and should be easy to find on eBay or in the classifieds as most everyone trades them off for paint.
No, Harley offered a chrome set in the Accessories catalog till around 05 or so. I've seen a few. Saw one guy with sunburn UNDER his chin from the reflection.
Ed

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those are the ones lol they look so nice. I can't find them anywhere. Searched the Internet high and low. Can I have mine chromed?

No, Harley offered a chrome set in the Accessories catalog till around 05 or so. I've seen a few. Saw one guy with sunburn UNDER his chin from the reflection.
Ed

·
Registered
296 Posts
You can have almost anything chromed,if its properly prepared and sent to the shop to handle the part in which you want chromed.

example..You wouldn't want to send plastic parts to be chromed to a metal shop that specializes in chroming hard metal parts.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
Ed
For the V-Rod? I'll be damned, never saw a set chromed, here, mags, catalogs or the street.

·
EXCELSIOR
8,374 Posts
Back in the early forum days there was a guy doing some type of chrome or chrome like coatings, even in colors or acid etched flames on the chromed surface.
Not sure what happened to him, seemed to fall out of favor for some reason.
There must be someone still doing the process though.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
MOCO Chrome Vrod bodywork kit.

Yes, I have seen them chromed (pics) but never knew the "factory" sold them. I should have clarified that.
The factory made them and offered them for $1499.95 under part # 95701-04. Kit included chrome air box cover, radiator shrouds, rear fender and the short front fender.

Can be seen here: http://www.harley-mania.de/manuals/Vrod_Partlist.pdf

1 - 15 of 15 Posts