Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
To boost or not??
1,916 Posts
I just put the 2012 wheel on my 05. And all I did was order the 1" bearings from VBX Bearings. I picked up the 2012 Spacers for the front wheel. Because low and behold they are machined from the same stock as the 1" ones as. And everything went together fine. So for mine it would go Axle -> 2012 Front Spacer -> VBX bearing -> 2012 Inner Wheel Spacer -> VBX Bearing -> 2012 Front Spaver -> Axle. Glad to help with anything else!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just put the 2012 wheel on my 05. And all I did was order the 1" bearings from VBX Bearings. I picked up the 2012 Spacers for the front wheel. Because low and behold they are machined from the same stock as the 1" ones as. And everything went together fine. So for mine it would go Axle -> 2012 Front Spacer -> VBX bearing -> 2012 Inner Wheel Spacer -> VBX Bearing -> 2012 Front Spaver -> Axle. Glad to help with anything else!
Those bearings are too WIDE for the wheel. They don't fit flush. After market wheel.

·
Friend of Max.
21,715 Posts
Those bearings are too WIDE for the wheel. They don't fit flush. After market wheel.
Call the company that made the wheel and get the bearings from them!

·
Friend of Max.
21,715 Posts
I have no idea what it is... LOL
Show us a picture. We'll tell ya....;)

I sent you a PM with an option for a custom axle that is just kick ass clean. The member who made them (maybe 2 years ago?) is still somewhat active here.

·
Friend of Max.
21,715 Posts
Local machine shop came highly recommended.
Great, but look at the axle in the link. You know what they say, if you need to replace it, UPGRADE!!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I have a flush mount axle, new never installed. It will fit 08 and later. I bought it for my 08 D. If interested, PM me. Dave

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I don't think so. I'm not sure about the difference in sizes. someone here should know. Do a search on flush mount axle. The person who made these up explains the difference. One has to be turned down to replace the other. not sure which is which. Dave

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
Older are 1 inch, 25.4mm. newer are 25mm. I also have a sewerrat flushmount axle, in 1 inch, and would sell it - new, never used. PM me. Joe

1 - 15 of 15 Posts